RockSim Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found that Rocksim 10 can be buggy and sometimes I have to resort to using an old version of 9.

Definitely, lots of bugs. They seemed to be doing well for a while putting new releases with bug fixes, but it has been a while and there are some really major bugs that they have not addressed.

FYI - I didn't know this, but if you have to deactivate your computers and don't have the old computer available, Apogee charges you a $1.00 to deactivate Rocksim old computers. Not an exorbitant fee, but people should probably know it is not free to deactivate a computer you no longer have.

Situation was that I replaced my desktop and laptop and forgot to deactivate Rocksim on them before I wiped the hard drives (there are SO many things you have to deactivate when you get rid of a computer these days!). Every single one of the other programs I had that needed to be deactivated (i.e. Adobe Creative Cloud, MS Office, etc) had easy methods online to just deactivate the old installation. Rocksim ranks as the only program I currently own that charges me to deactivate an old install.
Totally bogus and so 1970's-ish.

I found that Rocksim 10 can be buggy and sometimes I have to resort to using an old version of 9.

How do you manage both versions 9 and 10? I thought that once you activate your account/license for v10, your v9 becomes inoperable.

The version of Rocksim 9 I have is so old, it activated by importing a file which I still have. And I still have the installer for it so I have the option of going back to it. It's a good thing I do because for me Rocksim 10 is not ready (although I have not tried 10.3 yet)

I am still using 10.0, which works OK for me. I think this is basically warmed over version 9 and before the new programmer really started tinkering in the code. All the negative comments here have kept me from updating to the later versions.

- When I start the program or load a file, it starts in "Rocket Design Attributes". When I click on any of the other tabs, I can't go back to Rocket Design Attributes. All the other tabs work, but that one won't work until I load a new file or restart the program.
If you click the design attributes tab on the far right side of the tab it should work without a restart, fyi... found that the hard way ;)

Can't seem to find an open thread for RockSim, so starting one. Hopefully, someone from Apogee will monitor and answer questions.

Primary issue I am having right now - I just upgraded to Version 10.3 and the program will not allow me to edit the "Y" data points in the chart for Custom Fin Sets. I can move the data point on the graphic, but when I try to enter a data point in the chart, it just skips back to the X data point.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Click on the right mouse button in the Y axis box. You should then be able to enter a value in the Y axis.

Click on the right mouse button in the Y axis box. You should then be able to enter a value in the Y axis.

Tried it out, and it is another workaround, thanks!

Rocksim 10.3 really has some strange bugs in it right now.

Latest posts

Back