RockSim Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

mtnmanak

TRA & NAR L3
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I found that Rocksim 10 can be buggy and sometimes I have to resort to using an old version of 9.
Definitely, lots of bugs. They seemed to be doing well for a while putting new releases with bug fixes, but it has been a while and there are some really major bugs that they have not addressed.

Mike Haberer

DaHabes
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
FYI - I didn't know this, but if you have to deactivate your computers and don't have the old computer available, Apogee charges you a $1.00 to deactivate Rocksim old computers. Not an exorbitant fee, but people should probably know it is not free to deactivate a computer you no longer have.

Situation was that I replaced my desktop and laptop and forgot to deactivate Rocksim on them before I wiped the hard drives (there are SO many things you have to deactivate when you get rid of a computer these days!). Every single one of the other programs I had that needed to be deactivated (i.e. Adobe Creative Cloud, MS Office, etc) had easy methods online to just deactivate the old installation. Rocksim ranks as the only program I currently own that charges me to deactivate an old install.
Totally bogus and so 1970's-ish.

Buckeye

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I found that Rocksim 10 can be buggy and sometimes I have to resort to using an old version of 9.
How do you manage both versions 9 and 10? I thought that once you activate your account/license for v10, your v9 becomes inoperable.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
The version of Rocksim 9 I have is so old, it activated by importing a file which I still have. And I still have the installer for it so I have the option of going back to it. It's a good thing I do because for me Rocksim 10 is not ready (although I have not tried 10.3 yet)

Buckeye

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I am still using 10.0, which works OK for me. I think this is basically warmed over version 9 and before the new programmer really started tinkering in the code. All the negative comments here have kept me from updating to the later versions.

Wally Ferrer

SRE
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
- When I start the program or load a file, it starts in "Rocket Design Attributes". When I click on any of the other tabs, I can't go back to Rocket Design Attributes. All the other tabs work, but that one won't work until I load a new file or restart the program.
If you click the design attributes tab on the far right side of the tab it should work without a restart, fyi... found that the hard way ;)

hball55

Reaction score
Can't seem to find an open thread for RockSim, so starting one. Hopefully, someone from Apogee will monitor and answer questions.

Primary issue I am having right now - I just upgraded to Version 10.3 and the program will not allow me to edit the "Y" data points in the chart for Custom Fin Sets. I can move the data point on the graphic, but when I try to enter a data point in the chart, it just skips back to the X data point.

Anyone else seeing this issue?
Click on the right mouse button in the Y axis box. You should then be able to enter a value in the Y axis.

mtnmanak

TRA & NAR L3
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Click on the right mouse button in the Y axis box. You should then be able to enter a value in the Y axis.
Tried it out, and it is another workaround, thanks!

Rocksim 10.3 really has some strange bugs in it right now.