Rocksim not working

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n27sb

N27SB
Reaction score
I have used Rocksim for over 15 yrs and it has worked well. It has been a few months since I last loaded it and it will not start. I have called Apogee several times and they do not have an answer. I am running on Mac. It says that my product key has expired.
Does anyone have a fix for this.Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 9.05.22 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-19 at 9.05.40 AM.png

Thanks Mike but I don’t think that’s the problem. I ran on version 10 last year for months and I did get the new key.

If you have your registration key, try re-entering it. If that doesn't work, try downloading the latest version, uninstall the one you have, install the download and enter the registration key. if that doesn't work, then send them an email. Phone support is not so good, emails they will eventually respond to.

Have you taken your MAC to the genius bar? Have they done something geniusie and lost your product key? Just reformat the whole MAC and install Linux. Should take about 4 minuets.
Apogee have great customer support. Just send them an email. If you bought a real copy from them, they'll fix it.

There is a security certificate issue due to an expired certificate. I would follow the instructions in this video: If that does not work, I would check what version of Mac OS you have. Update to Monterey if you have not already. Doing those two things should correct the issue. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I actually had the same problem recently on my MacBook after not using rocksim for several months on it. I contacted Apogee and they sent me a link with the above video. That still did not work, and I then updated the OS to the latest version of Monterey, and rocksim now works great.

There is a security certificate issue due to an expired certificate. I would follow the instructions in this video: If that does not work, I would check what version of Mac OS you have. Update to Monterey if you have not already. Doing those two things should correct the issue. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I actually had the same problem recently on my MacBook after not using rocksim for several months on it. I contacted Apogee and they sent me a link with the above video. That still did not work, and I then updated the OS to the latest version of Monterey, and rocksim now works great.

Sounds exactly like my situation. Right down to the "no use in a few months".
I really hate to change the OS on the Mac. My wife did no her Mac and it has never been the same.
Any other ideas.

Sounds exactly like my situation. Right down to the "no use in a few months".
I really hate to change the OS on the Mac. My wife did no her Mac and it has never been the same.
Any other ideas.

My MacBook actually runs faster with OS Monterey installed. I have had no issues with it. I would seriously do it. Only took an hour or so, and all of my apps work with no issues

My MacBook actually runs faster with OS Monterey installed. I have had no issues with it. I would seriously do it. Only took an hour or so, and all of my apps work with no issues
Thank you, I installed Monterey last night and after re-installing RS and fiddling with it, it now runs.

Back