Rocksim Mac install stuck on "Verifying rocksim.app..."

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neil_w

OpenRocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Trying to install the Rocksim trial on my Mac (running Yosemite, otherwise up to date). After I copy to Applications and try to run it, I get a little dialog that says "Verifying rocksim.app...", and it pretty much hangs on that forever. I've tried this multiple times and it always does the same thing.

Anyone have any ideas?

I would contact Apogee- no experience with the Apple side of the Rocksim equation.

It's because Rocksim was downloaded outside of the Mac App Store and thus is from an unidentified developer. Open up your System Preferences. Then click on Security and Privacy. You can change the security settings there (might have to click on the lock icon to unlock the settings first). Then reinstall Rocksim. And don't forget to go back and revert your security settings as this is not something you want enabled by default.

Doug

It's because Rocksim was downloaded outside of the Mac App Store and thus is from an unidentified developer. Open up your System Preferences. Then click on Security and Privacy. You can change the security settings there (might have to click on the lock icon to unlock the settings first). Then reinstall Rocksim. And don't forget to go back and revert your security settings as this is not something you want enabled by default.

Doug

X2...it is called Gatekeeper, you can read more about it here https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202491

This was correct. I got fooled because normally when I try to run an unsigned application it pops up an informative dialog but this one just hung. The hang only occurs on the first start of the app, so you change the setting to "allow everything", run it, then change the setting back, and all is well.

Back