Rocksim launching new rocket file stuck in limbo... help....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firemanup

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Built a new rocket in rocksim, when i launch it, i'm just stuck in limbo with time counting and never stopping, go to a different rocket and it launches as normal, so i'm guessing I've done something in the build of this rocket?? I've built others and never had a problem so i'm not sure what... any help would be appreciated...

Screen shot of the limbo land it's stuck in, and then the rocksim file also attached...

Attachments

• Shapeshifter 75.rkt
    28.1 KB · Views: 13
  • shapeshifter75.png
    shapeshifter75.png
    111.6 KB · Views: 12
Yeh i found that and added but it still didn't change anything... well it does give me flight events now but still goes into a never ending launch....

Like it never reaches apogee and i get no data cause i have to cancel it cause it won't stop going

Last edited:
Also, your fins are "custom" material and weight zero. Changing the fins to fiberglass (or probably anything else) makes it work. RockSim does not like anything with zero weight.

Just re built the entire rocket again, and it's doing the same thing, i think i have a software glitch....old rockets are still launching the ones i'm building today won't launch

Updated from Rocksim 9 to Rocksim 10 and still getting the exact same thing, can't sim the rocket, it just keeps flying and i never get a completed sim...

Even tried it on a different computer with another download of rocksim 10...

All evening trying to get a sim is pretty frustrating....

Mass over ride is on, they weigh 420 grams... which is entered
Pick something other than "custom" for the fin material. Then RockSim will have a computed weight for fins. You can then switch back to "custom" and it will retain the previous non-zero weight. Apparently, only having a mass override is not enough.

I changed the fin material from "Custom" to "G10". I think that the issue was it was calculating a 0 mass for the fin, even though you had mass override on.

Pick something other than "custom" for the fin material. Then RockSim will have a computed weight for fins. You can then switch back to "custom" and it will retain the previous non-zero weight. Apparently, only having a mass override is not enough.
Wow that did it, thanks very much

Latest posts

Back