Quantcast

RockSim Help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

flying_silverad

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2002
Messages
3,141
Reaction score
1
I have Version 7.0 Does anyone know how to print out fin marking guides?
 

Bobrogg

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
216
Reaction score
0
You have to go to apogeerockets.com and down load that option.
 

teflonrocketry1

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2011
Messages
1,625
Reaction score
1
RockSim doesn't print fin marking guides but there is an excellent freeware that does, get VCP at:

http://v-serv.com/vcp/

Look under the tools menu for Fin Position Wrapper

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055
 

flying_silverad

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2002
Messages
3,141
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by teflonrocketry1
RockSim doesn't print fin marking guides but there is an excellent freeware that does, get VCP at:

http://v-serv.com/vcp/

Look under the tools menu for Fin Position Wrapper

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055
No sooner did I read this post...I just finished downloading it. Hmmm..shouldn't something as basic as a fin guide or wrap guide be in th software....:confused:
 

flying_silverad

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2002
Messages
3,141
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by bobrogg
You have to go to apogeerockets.com and down load that option.
Been there...the program is not at all what I expected. If you have multiple fin sets, it won't print but one at a time.
 

Silverleaf

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2003
Messages
1,124
Reaction score
0
Just my opinion...

Though Rocksim is very nice, and SpaceCad does an admirable job - especially with regards to the differences between 2.1 and 3.0, the MVP of rocket software is still the venerable VCP.

I can't tell you the amount of times I've used the print feature for shrouds, transitions and the like.

Along with the Model Rocket Unit Calculator, ScaleMaster, and DeltaCad you can accomplish anything with regards to rocket design.

Now, does that mean I wouldn't love to have a copy of Rocksim 7? Absolutely not. lol

Cheers
 

teflonrocketry1

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2011
Messages
1,625
Reaction score
1
There is also a link at the Apogee website to "Fins Fun" which is another freeware for drawing fin alignment guides and body tube wrappers:

http://spazioinwind.libero.it/lbenassi/FinsFun/index.html

This program allows you to directly load RockSim version 6 and 7 files into it to create fin alignment guides and body tube wrappers.

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055
 

flying_silverad

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2002
Messages
3,141
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by teflonrocketry1
There is also a link at the Apogee website to "Fins Fun" which is another freeware for drawing fin alignment guides and body tube wrappers:

http://spazioinwind.libero.it/lbenassi/FinsFun/index.html

This program allows you to directly load RockSim version 6 and 7 files into it to create fin alignment guides and body tube wrappers.

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055
As far as finfun is concerned, I didn't have much luck downloading it or using it. After 5 attempts, I finally got it downloaded and then when I went to use it, it wasn't very helpful. It would not upload some of my desings for some reason. Right when i was in the middle of pulling some of my hair out (I'm not just a member ..) Along comes doug with a quick IM, "What's up?" he said. I explained the situation and POOF...just like that he sends me over to this website...
VCP

Great tool. Took 5 mintues to download and less time to learn. Problem Solved.
I hope RockSim is thinking about an upgrade for this little flaw.:D
 

teflonrocketry1

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2011
Messages
1,625
Reaction score
1
For Fun I just reloaded Fins Fun. It opened and ran fine the first time, as before. I was also able to load and print templates from RockSim files. The program doesn't handle less than 3 fins and asymmetric fin designs. It also won't print body tube wraps for tubes wider than 3.5 inches.

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055
 
Top