Rocksim - Fin Pods

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troj

Wielder Of the Skillet Of Harsh Discipline
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know of something that shows how to do fin-tip pods in Rocksim 8 or earlier?

Specifically, I want to place a bodytube and nosecone with a nosecone or two on the tip coard of each fin.

-Kevin

Im not sure if it has changed much from version 8 to 9 but in 9 all you do is click on your fin set then click pod. It will then ask you if you want to split the fins into 3 (or however many fins you have) separate fin sets (each containing one fin). Then you can choose a body tube and nose cone and whatever else you would like to add to it.

Apogee has a video showing this as well heres the link:
https://www.apogeerockets.com/RockSim_tutorials.asp
Number 17: Advanced Pod Design

Hope this helps,

Matt

Does anyone know of something that shows how to do fin-tip pods in Rocksim 8 or earlier?

Specifically, I want to place a bodytube and nosecone with a nosecone or two on the tip coard of each fin.

-Kevin

Go to the Apogee newsletter archive and look in the low 100's. Bruce Levinson had some articles showing how to hack the XML files to do such things. The results will sim correctly but will not be rendered. Much better to pay for the upgrade to v9, IMO.

Go to the Apogee newsletter archive and look in the low 100's. Bruce Levinson had some articles showing how to hack the XML files to do such things. The results will sim correctly but will not be rendered. Much better to pay for the upgrade to v9, IMO.

That's what I was afraid of...

-Kevin

Back