Rocksim assistance for Wildman Ultimate Interceptor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustang67

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Working on building a RockSim file for a Wildman Ultimate Interceptor. This is a modified build of the interceptor. My booster is 66" VS 60 and my payload bay is 48 vs 30. AV bay is 17 vs 16. Total length will be 12Ft 10”

Being I am not well versed with RockSim, I decided to start off with pulling in a Ultimate Wildman file as it's a close comparison to the Ultimate Interceptor, then adjust the file to match my current config.

The fins are going to be the most difficult part for me, and I will work on those last.

The question I currently have is around the electronics bay coupler. If my coupler is 17" long with a 3.5 inch switch band. I would assume the coupler would start at -7 from the owning part? I can’t seem to get it to align correctly from the booster or payload bay. What am I not doing wrong here? (File attached)

Attachments

• Wildman Modified Ultimate Interceptor.rkt
    149.2 KB · Views: 61
I don't use Rocksim so I altered it in OpenRocket. OR allows moving parts 1mm per click, so it was fairly easy to adjust your coupler.
I hope it survives when you open it with RS.... 17/2=8.5- (3.5/2)=6.75 should put it right, but I just moved it a click at a time.....
(Or open your original file and see if RockSim will allow you to move the component.)

Attachments

• Wildman Modified Ultimate Interceptor.ork
    2.3 KB · Views: 45
I don't use Rocksim so I altered it in OpenRocket. OR allows moving parts 1mm per click, so it was fairly easy to adjust your coupler.
I hope it survives when you open it with RS.... 17/2=8.5- (3.5/2)=6.75 should put it right, but I just moved it a click at a time.....
(Or open your original file and see if RockSim will allow you to move the component.)

You cannot open an ork in Rocksim. Save it as a Rocksim file.

I think this is a better representation of my build. Again, this is a modified build of the interceptor. My booster is 66" VS 60 and my payload bay is 48 vs 30. AV bay is 17 vs 16. Total length will be 12Ft 10”

My Rail buttons are installed into the centering rings, all 4 centering rings are 1/2 wood sandwiched between two fiberglass rings bonded with JB-Weld. I like to over build, I know its not necessary, I just enjoy doing it.

I do have a question around the rail buttons, I prefer to drill them into the centering rings which puts them at 10inch from the base on the aft rail button and 39 from the base for the forward rail button. Space between the two is 29” on a 13FT rocket. If I have it correct the fwd rail button is about 17” below the CG. Do I need to add a 3rd Rail button?

Attachments

• Ultimate Interceptor modified 13FT.rkt
    81.4 KB · Views: 48
No additional assistance needed at the moment on my rocksim file or rail button position question. Another forum member is helping me so I don’t want anyone to waste any time on this. I will post my updated file for review when completed.

Ty!

Back