Rocksim 9 Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BAR_Daddy

Reaction score
I am trying to add a tube fin to the tip of a fin in Rocksim 9. I have attached a pod to the fin tip and then attached a tube fin to the pod. The problem is that Rocksim draws the tube as if it were attached to the main body tube, not the pod.

I can attach a body tube to the pod and make it look correct, but I donot believe that the body tube will be figured in as a fin for the CP calculation.

Does anyone know how to get around this?

I think you need to add the fin to the main body tube first, verify the fin is selected, then add the tube pod to the fin tip. I like pods but they're confusing in their implementation.

I hope this helps.

I should have been clearer in my post.

I did the following:
1. Select main body tube and add fin to it.
2. Select the fin and add a pod to it.
3. Select the pod and add a tube fin to it.

I have attached a file showing what the screen looks like. I cannot find a way to get the tube fin to display on the tip of the fin. The fin that I want to attach it to is the small one (semi-span of 1/2").

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

tubefin1.JPG

I checked this on my system and confirmed what you are seeing. It seems adjusting the radial distance of the pod should allow it to be moved to the tip of the fin but it stays glued where it is. Sounds like a bug to me.

I also confirmed that adding body tubes to the pod will make the rocket look right but the tubes themselves do not affect the CP.

Thanks for confirming that rstaff3.

How do we report the bugs?

BTW - As a workaround, I added the body tube for the visual effect and added a tube fin in the same location for the CP. I set the opacity of the tube fin to 0 and it is not shown in the 3D view.

Last edited:
I'd email Apogee. Tim may eventually see the post but an email will ensure he does. Too bad there isn't a formalized bug reporting mechanism.

Adding the tube fin and the body tube is a decent work around. The tube fin should have more effect the further it is offset from the center line, so what you have should be conservative.

Back