Rocksim 9 question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsox15

Reaction score
Is there a way to add electronics to your rocket in rocksim 9...i built a rocket that goes over 2000' but i want to have an event at apogee then have the main deploy at say 800'. how do i go about doing that?

Thanks,
Matt

Is there a way to add electronics to your rocket in rocksim 9...i built a rocket that goes over 2000' but i want to have an event at apogee then have the main deploy at say 800'. how do i go about doing that?

Thanks,
Matt

Click the "Prepare for Launch" button (where you load motors) and go to the tab labeled "Flight Events." You can control all of the recovery events from here.

Go to the set of tabs where you select the engine and look for one named "flight events" or something like that. That's also where you find the tabs that let you set ambient conditions (temperature, barometric pressure, humidity, wind) and launch rod angle.

also, add a "Mass" item in the payload bay, to cover the electronics & battery. you ought to weigh it but something like 100 grams is likely close enough (9v batteries weigh about 50g).

All the above point to the 'flight events' tab, so no need to further mention it..:) But, a suggestion..In your 'components' area, name the chutes/streamers different names so when you do the 'flight events' you can tell which is the one to come out at apogee and which to come out at a pre-set altitude.

Back