Rocksim 7

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strudleman

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm looking forward to getting a copy of Rocksim 7, but $95 is just so steep. It's out of my reach for a while. I was wondering if any of you knew another retailer that sold the software for any less? Every few dollors helps.

Thanks for your input!

- strudle

I’m going to jump up on a stump here, but don’t worry it’s a little one.

If we do not support those in the industry who have, despite the insinuation that they support terrorists, gone through the effort of licensing, background searches and general harassment to provide us product for our hobby then that hobby will die.

I really understand what you say about the $95.00 because I have been there done that. Nevertheless, I did manage to find the cash for my Ellis Mountain H48-8 and the other engines I bought for Mudrock11. I got my certification there. Had I bought the program before I went (have since bought it) I would not be reattaching the fins on my PML Callisto that flew my certification flight on because I would not have put an AT F62T-10:eek: in the rocket.

Without sounding like a cheerleader for Apogee, I have learned more about rocketry in the last two weeks than I have since I started lurking around here. This group is the best in rocketry. They will provide you with any answer you need, but your own education is well worth the investment.

Alrighty…how do I get down off this stump with out breaking my neck?
:confused:

Alrighty…how do I get down off this stump with out breaking my neck?
:confused:

Thats a good question. I believe your post would have been better suited to a thread discussing the support of these great companies, or perhaps if I asked someone to give it to me. To clarify, I was looking for a cheaper retailer. In this hobby, there's usually someone who sells what you want cheaper than the manufacturer. A prime example would be PML. Everyone's got their favorite store for PML kits, and it's never directly from PML. I'm simply asking this forum if there's another retailer who sells this product cheaper than what I've found so far.

I understand your stump, what it's stands for and why your speaking from on top of it, and I admire that. But I think your message missed its mark.

I don't think there are any sources other than Apogee.

Originally posted by rstaff3
I don't think there are any sources other than Apogee.

That's unfortunate. I just installed Winroc, which is free. This should keep me satisfied until the $95 can be saved up.

Out of curiosity, has anyone here used Winroc? What are your feelings toward it, and compared to Rocksim?

But I think your message missed its mark.

Sorry didn't mean to offend...did sound a little cranky didn't I:eek:. Even made a typo on the engine that deployed 40 feet AGL. I think it was the F62T. I'll track down the paperwork if I can get my foot out of my mouth.

As to winroc, it's ok but it does not have the depth of Rocksim. It made me want rocksim that much more

Found my data

Engine ejection charge data:

Conditions at engine ejection charge:
Using a delay time of : 10.000 Seconds
Velocity: 144.263 ft / s
Altitude: 171.794 Ft.

Recovery system data
P: Parachute Deployed at : 11.000 Seconds
Velocity at deployment: 144.263 ft / s
Altitude at deployment: 171.794 Ft.
Range at deployment: -15.093 Ft.

Time data
Time to burnout: 1.001 Sec.
Time to apogee: 6.116 Sec.
Optimal ejection delay: 5.115 Sec.

Landing data
Successful landing
Time to landing: 15.883 Sec.
Range at landing: -2.269
Velocity at landing: Vert: -29.242 ft / s , Horz: 1.361 ft / s , Magnitude: 29.274 ft / s

Sucessful landing in that it hit the ground...lol... let's see deployed at about 90mph 174 feet up Impacted at about 20mph

Originally posted by strudleman
That's unfortunate. I just installed Winroc, which is free. This should keep me satisfied until the $95 can be saved up.

Out of curiosity, has anyone here used Winroc? What are your feelings toward it, and compared to Rocksim?

I used Winroc to determine the CP and CG of my Bullpup and it worked pretty well. It's not *as* detailed as Rocksim, but it has enough information for you to keep you happy until you have the extra for Rocksim.

-Chris

Latest posts

Back