Rocksim 11 Engine Update Feature

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's not working for me. I tried to download the file for the new Quest B14T. It finds the engine file on Thrustcurve but when you hit the button to download the actual data, nothing happens. Has anyone been able to use this successfully?

@DaHabes It is best not to mess with individual files. Use the new auto update feature.

Edit --> Preferences --> Auto Engine Update (tab) -->"Update engine database now"

This will download all the engines. The B14T will be included.

Mine auto updated today (I had it set for today) and the B14T is there.

I have mine set to update monthly, and it just works.

You can force the update with the method I shared, if a new engine comes before your scheduled update.

Hi TRF colleagues,

Thank you, @MarsLander, for the helpful information on updating the engines.

But I am having trouble updating to RockSim version 11.1.0f8. I am following the directions, which say that I must exit RockSim in order to install the updates.

I click the correct button to install the updates and I exit the program. When I restart, however, the RS update does not load.

Does anyone have any advice, please?

Thank you.

Stanley

Hi TRF colleagues,

Thank you, @MarsLander, for the helpful information on updating the engines.

But I am having trouble updating to RockSim version 11.1.0f8. I am following the directions, which say that I must exit RockSim in order to install the updates.

I click the correct button to install the updates and I exit the program. When I restart, however, the RS update does not load.

Does anyone have any advice, please?

Thank you.

Stanley
I have the same issue. I gave up and am still using 10.5...

I am having the same problem, and motors keep disappearing. I've been emailing Apogee back and forth for a few days now, and no insights have been gleaned yet that were helpful. Also, when I first reached out at the beginning of the week they said they had not heard of this issue. I thought it must be me. After seeing this thread I know I'm not alone. I hope the take it seriously as right now the program is unusable. They have had me uninstall and reinstall the motor files, and the entire program, which I already did before hand, so of course it didn't fix it when I did it again.

Hi TRF colleagues,

I talked on the phone with Apogee, and they sent me the following message, which I am copying with Apogee's permission:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hello Stanley,

I spoke with Tim about it [that is to say, the problem that I have been having with the v11 update] and he let me know that there isn't actually an update for v11 yet. 11.0.0f7 (the one you're using) is still the most current one. Looks like there was an error on our end that caused RockSim to think there was an update.

Brendan Campbell
Customer Service
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I seriously love dealing with Apogee Components. Their customer service is superb.

Stanley

Back