Rocksim 10 Problem

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
I been having a serious problem with Rocksim 10. Maybe someone can give me an idea how to fix it. The altitude predictions are extremely low. To demonstrate the problem, I created this simple rocket design. Here is a screen shot of sims run in Rocksim 9 and 10.

Rocksim 9.jpg

Rocksim 10.jpg
As you can see, something is going wrong with Rocksim 10.

It looks like you’ve got good airspeed off the launcher and good acceleration, and the mass is the same. Something is making the rocket come to a dead stop at some point on the flight.

Double-check your atmospheric setting and make sure you’re not launching from 30,000 ft below sea level or something like that. It may also be worth checking the motor files for problems if the air density isn’t completely out of whack.

EDIT: What does your wind speed look like? I notice your weathercocking is listed as unsafe in RS10. If you’re launching in a hurricane, that would definitely be a problem.

I don't see any problems with the settings. They were all defaults. I did notice if I rerun already ran sims, they ran fine. Here is the rocksim file with sims run in both rocksim 9 and 10

Attachments

• simple rocket.rkt
    78.9 KB · Views: 2
Hi, I have spotted your problem - the launch guide is set to 70 something degrees - in the animated view it can be seen - just ran the rkt file and got 600+ metres, about as expected.

Good luck , happy flying

Anyone know why I can't get any rocket off the pad, ever? I even tried scratching up one, simple 3fnc, then removed the fins and nc sequentially and never got it to do anything. This is what Apogee says to do....

Back