Rocksim 10.5 Dangerious Answers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warnerr

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Loading any of my old files or a factory fresh file gives crazy wrong answers. No mass overrides or Cd overrides in effect. The first answers is from older version- those answers are accurate. The second answer is loading engine, rerunning on new version. Does anyone have a clue whats wrong? Ive gotten nowhere with Apogee ‘its somewhere in your data’…. well even loading factory rocksims result in wrong answers. Im stumped! After years of enjoyment This program is no longer useable! HELP! C525DB06-1C0E-4971-8C97-C2A342E80664.jpeg

Attachments

• 84B02309-ADD7-4AD2-AA9A-6110419448F0.jpeg
    84B02309-ADD7-4AD2-AA9A-6110419448F0.jpeg
    541.4 KB · Views: 0
Ditch the 0 delay and use plugged, and that should take the rocket to a crash into the ground like: the what you call "good results." With a 0 delay it still deploys the chute at motor burnout. That being said your optimal delay results are off. I still get optimal delay results that look correct. Do you have the sim set for dual deploy?

Bill Riley “worsaer” solved the bug! The ejection delay was reset to ‘max ejection deploy’ when imported into new software version 10.5.xx. This had the effect of terminating the flight early- at about 2k feet! Reseting the value to deploy at apogee instead results in flights going above 10k- a SIGNIFICANT difference! Thank you Bill!

Last edited:
When the delay is set for 0 the sim deploys the chute after motor burn out. That is the reason for the low altitude. When the sim is set for plugged/none, it allows the rocket to go through its entire flight. After I seen your post I tried a few different flights and get the same results. Set on 0 delay, altitude ends up way low. Did you try the sims with an approximate right delay to see what happens?

Good to see resolved!!

All my rockets using single deploy are set at max ejection deploy. The dual deploys (electronics) are set at apogee and at altitude selected for the main. You don't use this setting for your electronics? Just wondering because you're crashing them.

Last edited:
All my rockets using single deploy are set at max ejection deploy. The dual deploys (electronics) are set at apogee and at altitude selected for the main. You don't use this setting for your electronics? Just wondering because you're crashing them.
This was a working setup before importing into new version.

Back