Rockets in the News

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zbench

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Parental pride requires I post this. The local news has been coming to our Tripoli launches for most of the summer. The spot finally aired this past Friday. You can see what was on the news here. I'm sure some probably know that Chris Pearson started LDRS back in the 80s, but great recognition for our chapter all around. That segment of the camera view included in the video was accomplished by strapping two go pro cameras to the rocket frame and send it up. Amazingly, they worked just fine and were safely recovered. The rocket belonged to Steve Eves, also a member of our chapter and the owner of this prodigious rocket

BTW, my daughter is NAR Member # 106875

Always great when our hobby gets some wider recognition.

I like that:
It's a typical and expected transition in any state. The farther away a person gets from the city center, the quieter the world becomes.
Except when driving past John Born's farm in Lorain County.
:)

Awesome video and great storyline.

Any chance you can upload it to YouTube?
That's where kids find things these days!

Thanks for sharing! Great little synopsis of the hobby.

Awesome video and great storyline.

Any chance you can upload it to YouTube?
That's where kids find things these days!
It’s on the News 5 Cleveland YT channel:https://YouTube.be/irlqJc3og08

Great bunch of folks in both NOTRA and Skybusters!

That’s me and my Stickershock wrapped Estes PSII Mammoth that Mr. Born picked up while raking the hayfield.

Zbench’s daughter is a sharp kid who knows her way around a rocket launch. I missed the launch when she launched her Trajector - did it end up sacrificed to the corn like mine did in September?

Scott,

Sadly it did, and I think it was the same launch. We launched the first rocket of the day and it went up, weather cocked, never to be seen again. I expect the pieces will be found when Mr Borne combines the field. That was actually the rocket we were building in the garage when they filmed. That rocket needs an F40 minimum.

Scott,

Sadly it did, and I think it was the same launch. We launched the first rocket of the day and it went up, weather cocked, never to be seen again. I expect the pieces will be found when Mr Borne combines the field. That was actually the rocket we were building in the garage when they filmed. That rocket needs an F40 minimum.
That’s too bad but I’m sure she’ll build something better to replace it.

If I get my nose cone and chute protector back I’ll be happy! Oddly enough I’ve had my best Trajector flights on Estes 29mm BP motors - the conditions need to be calm and it doesn’t go very high but they’ve worked every time. If there’s much of a breeze you do definitely need something with more oomph.

Back