Quantcast

Rockets and Model Railroading

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

billeblurzz

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone, before I discovered rockets I dabbled in trains. Looking over members bios, there seemed to be lots of railroaders too. I have a 4x10 HO layout and an 8x20 Lionel layout also. I like the Illinois Central, GM@O, and Canadian National, Frisco, and Southern lines. I was wondering what anyone else models? I promise to stick to ROCKETS for you non-railers after this thread!!! Any train pics (real or models) anyone?:rolleyes: Or am I commiting suicide???:kill: :kill:

DavRedf

Reaction score
Hi Bill
When I get the chance I will post some pics of my "trainset", its 1:1 scale 4'8 1/2" guage.
Im a big boy so my trainset is big as well. :cool:

billeblurzz

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
One LAST pic: I am really practicing posting pictures! ROCKETS from now on!!!:D

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
What you really need is one of those Bachman Missile flat cars :). Nice detailing on the layout btw. You may like to see the thread about the Island Pond Railroad, an outdoor railroad my dad is building in our yard.

Prowler901

Reaction score
I'm an avid Colorado narrow gauge fan. But, since I don't have the space or the money for a real layout right now, I do all my railroading on my PC :)

Here's a my K-27 sitting at the Ridgway, CO depot.

Regards,
Todd

eugenefl

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
This brings up an interesting thought - has anyone ever done a rocket on rail? Think rocket cars, but a car set on a rail. I bet that thing would cruise forever.

wwattles

Reaction score
Doesn't the Air Force or NASA have a setup for that out in the desert somewhere? They use it for testing everything from ejection seats to hypersonic nose cones. I'm sure someone's got some cool pictures and/or video clips.

WW