Rocketry Warehouse Sub-Lime

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

loopy

Reaction score
So, I more or less inherited this kit from a friend that bought it several years ago, but has since left the hobby. He wanted it to go to a good home, and I was the ecstatic beneficiary of that desire.

When I got it, the only things that had bad done were to glue the switch band to the av bay coupler, epoxying the transition to the lower section of the upper body tube, and expecting the lower coupler into the booster tube.

Over the last couple weeks, I’ve been making some good progress on this build. I now have the av bay bulkheads glued together and the eye bolts purchased for them. Nose cone assembled. Motor mount and fins installed/filleted I’ve also decided I won’t permanently attach the transition to the booster tube. Instead, I’ll use three screws to attach it during flight, but will be able to remove it for ease of transport and to allow access to the attachment point for the shock cord.
Without further adieu, here’s where I am with Sub-Lime:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 17

loopy

Reaction score

Thanks! It's a great kit, and I absolutely love it! Can't wait to finish it and get a K540 in it this fall!

Oh - I also learned it's exactly Mt. Dew colored last night. Had my bottle of Mt. Dew sitting next to one of the upper body tubes, and it was a perfect match. lol

loopy

Reaction score
Here you go, the perfect decal. You can title the rocket "What's the point?" on the flight card.

Needs a K805 Mojave Green to complete the effect!

View attachment 516158

I've always wondered why caffeine free Mountain Dew of any kind was a thing. Your title is perfect in that case. I have a decal I'd love to get made for the rocket, but I don't know yet. (it's a lime with a ball gag...sub-lime...)