Rocketry Warehouse Black Friday Sale 2013!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying to place an order, but am not getting any activation code on my account creation. ARGHHH

---------

wont let me go straight to checkout, coz i already have created an account, wont let me use the account coz i havent got my validation code.

I WANT A G3!!

---------

after waiting for the validation code for 30 mins... i checked out with a different email address, but i didnt manage to get the color i wanted, or the grab box.... arghhh

Last edited:
Trying to place an order, but am not getting any activation code on my account creation. ARGHHH

---------

wont let me go straight to checkout, coz i already have created an account, wont let me use the account coz i havent got my validation code.

I WANT A G3!!

Email me your name and we will activate your account

Sales

I never saw a formula 38. Must've sold out quickly. Even the 54s have mostly disappeared, and those arent even on sale.

I managed to pick up a Formula 38 this morning. Blueberry was the only color choice.

I never saw a formula 38. Must've sold out quickly. Even the 54s have mostly disappeared, and those arent even on sale.

Yeah I briefly saw the blue one around nine this morning while I was at work and too busy to order it.

Thanks again to Rocketry Warehouse! Great sale, can't wait to get working on my new Lil Rascal SE!

I plan to do a build thread, we'll see if I actually follow through. My intent is to build an Eggtimer into the tip of the nosecone...we'll see how it goes!

Let's see pics of the carbon Rascals!

Received my Carbon Rascal today and I am already putting it together. Now I just need one more package from RW and I am set.

Yep. Got mine too. Just rubbin in the carbon? It is a nice bird. I would have liked carbon fins and plates. Would have lightened it more.

I hope you aren't planning to paint over that beautiful carbon. It's beautiful. Sharon got her Lil Rascal yesterday too, I think she is moving it to the top of her build pile.

Received my Carbon Rascal today and I am already putting it together. Now I just need one more package from RW and I am set.

Yep. Got mine too. Just rubbin in the carbon? It is a nice bird. I would have liked carbon fins and plates. Would have lightened it more.
How are your fin slots? Mine are VERY tight, perhaps a bit too tight in fact. I measured with calipers and they aren't that far off by the numbers (fins=0.093" and slots=0.088") but with material this hard, they just won't fit without the airframe feeling like it's going to crack. Not a huge big deal. Once I sand/scuff the fins for epoxy adhesion, they might fit just right. If that was the idea in the first place, than I'd say the manufacturing tolerances are pretty good.

Folks who haven't seen one of these in person should know a bit about the nosecone. It's black fibreglass yes, but it is not filament wound. That means that a fair amount of work is necessary to make it fit/work right (large mold seam needs to be flattened, shoulder edge needs lots of filing to fit the airframe with no gap or binding spots, inside is very rough so any inner bulkheads need work to fit right, etc.) This is NOT a big problem; it's just the nature of the beast with molded glass cones. What that DOES mean though is that your nice black fibreglass will need some sort of finish work to be pretty. Which likely means paint. It's not like all those cool RW colored fibreglass kits that don't need paint. You COULD sand/smooth/polish out the cone after all the rough work, and run it black/naked, but again it's not like you just glue it up and you are ready to fly as it is with filament wound cones. I'll be painting mine (just the cone and fins) and I'm cool with that.

This is going to be a pretty cool finished rocket. How are you guys doing yours (dual deploy? any bashing/upgrades? paint schemes if you are painting at all?)?

How are your fin slots? Mine are VERY tight, perhaps a bit too tight in fact. I measured with calipers and they aren't that far off by the numbers (fins=0.093" and slots=0.088") but with material this hard, they just won't fit without the airframe feeling like it's going to crack. Not a huge big deal. Once I sand/scuff the fins for epoxy adhesion, they might fit just right. If that was the idea in the first place, than I'd say the manufacturing tolerances are pretty good.

Folks who haven't seen one of these in person should know a bit about the nosecone. It's black fibreglass yes, but it is not filament wound. That means that a fair amount of work is necessary to make it fit/work right (large mold seam needs to be flattened, shoulder edge needs lots of filing to fit the airframe with no gap or binding spots, inside is very rough so any inner bulkheads need work to fit right, etc.) This is NOT a big problem; it's just the nature of the beast with molded glass cones. What that DOES mean though is that your nice black fibreglass will need some sort of finish work to be pretty. Which likely means paint. It's not like all those cool RW colored fibreglass kits that don't need paint. You COULD sand/smooth/polish out the cone after all the rough work, and run it black/naked, but again it's not like you just glue it up and you are ready to fly as it is with filament wound cones. I'll be painting mine (just the cone and fins) and I'm cool with that.

This is going to be a pretty cool finished rocket. How are you guys doing yours (dual deploy? any bashing/upgrades? paint schemes if you are painting at all?)?

Take some 100 grit sandpaper and fold it on itself until it's a snug fit in the slot, with sand exposed on each side. Pull that down the length of the slot and back a few times and your fins will fit just fine.

I built mine entirely stock except for 2x PEM nuts in the CR for retention and a u-bolt in the fore CR for recovery. The nosecone will get a 38mm tube for electronics.

Another way to open up the fin slots a little is use a demal tool. use the small sanding disk. about 2 passes on each side of the slot and your done. I don't understand why fiberglass kit builders don't open up the slots just a little more. There just a little tight no matter who you buy them from.

I like my slots on the tight side. Better than too big.
the+_e765845b0e57b6b56ab7e23bdf818c93.jpg

My goodies arrived today....I ordered a modified G3 and a bunch of chute protectors. Awesome pricing, products and service...

Many thanks, Rocketry Warehouse!

My Formula 38 arrived the other day. I'm looking forward to putting it together. Nice rocket! Thanks to Rocketry warehouse for a great sale. Phil L.

Back