Rocketry Warehouse Big Black Friday Sale Anouncement

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are not alone in the wait...although I took a voluntary trip to the back of the line when I called and added some custom stuff to my BF order. Sorry your build window is closing though.

All 3 orders arrived today! There are a couple of parts missing (fin alignment guide and a vinyl decal) so I will call RW on Monday.

I should mention that I had a tough time separating some of the components as they we wedged tightly together - a 4" dia. 12" coupler in a 48" long booster section and 2 1" long carbon fiber tubes were jammed together with a 1" sleeve having two AV lids and 2 bulkhead plates inside. That last one was a real PITA!!

Oddly the Broken Arrow 4 must have undergone a design change as 2 tube sections were cut longer - the MMT was 6" longer, and a 4" dia 7" long FG coupler for the NC was not even listed on the parts list.

I should mention that I had a tough time separating some of the components as they we wedged tightly together - a 4" dia. 12" coupler in a 48" long booster section and 2 1" long carbon fiber tubes were jammed together with a 1" sleeve having two AV lids and 2 bulkhead plates inside. That last one was a real PITA!!

I've had this one happen across all vendors. Packing couplers inside tubes is generally ideal, yet they sometimes jam up. I've found broomsticks, bulkheads and a good solid hammer help out. and curse words. lots of them.

I've had this one happen across all vendors. Packing couplers inside tubes is generally ideal, yet they sometimes jam up. I've found broomsticks, bulkheads and a good solid hammer help out. and curse words. lots of them.

Wood dowels and pvc pipe are also good for this...they have flat forward surfaces which are less likely to slip off the thin edge of the coupler and shouldn't damage it. +1 on the curse words! ;)

Curtis (and/or Floyd) - if you're out there, could you please give me a call back when you get this. Received your phone message last week and haven't been able to reach you since - I always get the Magic Jack answering machine when I call your main number, and Curtis' cell phone doesn't seem to have voicemail set up. Tried emailing as well.

I just realized that the AV bay lids that were sent for my Mongoose 54 R2 were G12 FG rather than the carbon fiber lids listed in the RW online specs. One more item to add to my list for my Monday call... :sigh:

- Missing Decal
- Wrong AV bay lids
- Missing Fin alignment guides
- Ask about the Broken Arrow 4 NC tip (aluminum sent, but FG was listed)

At least you have stuff. Over 2 months since the order and a month since charges hit my card. This is my first order from them, is that "normal" for RW?

Last edited:
At least you have stuff. Over 2 months since the order and a month since charges hit my card. This is my first order from them, is that "normal" for RW?
Not from my experience. I ordered at Formula 54 earlier in April 2015 and it came within a week. From my phone calls to RW, I found out their BF sales created an overwhelming number of orders. That coupled with the fact that the owner took ill (and still is I believe) created a large shipping backlog. They also had a delay caused by one of their vendors who cut a batch of FG body tubes too short, which had to be reordered.

No, this is not normal, at least it has not been my experience. 2014 I received the 3 kits and stuff I ordered on BF weeks before Christmas. every other order with them has been very reasonable. I have not yet had shipment notification on my BF order from 2015 either. I do know they are working through the issues and shipping orders constantly. I suspect they had way more orders than they expected and it sounds like they are down a man due to some sickness or health issue. Now I just have to be patient while they work through it...

No, this is not normal, at least it has not been my experience. 2014 I received the 3 kits and stuff I ordered on BF weeks before Christmas. every other order with them has been very reasonable. I have not yet had shipment notification on my BF order from 2015 either. I do know they are working through the issues and shipping orders constantly. I suspect they had way more orders than they expected and it sounds like they are down a man due to some sickness or health issue. Now I just have to be patient while they work through it...

My conversations with Curtis is that RW had close to 700 orders from BF, so this is reason why they are behind. Not to mention that Floyd is ill, which doesn't help any. I have been ordering items from RW for years now and they have always come through on everything for me from the standard products to any custom work that I wanted. They will work with you if you have any issues with their products. Like everyone, I am also waiting for my BF order and I know it will be here soon.

I have four orders in with them including a 54mm and 75mm CF Mongooses, I have been waiting like everyone else more or less patiently. I am really anxious to start building and I am running into a new problem. I usually count on RW for lots of parts because of their service and flat rate shipping and now I holding back orders till they work out the back log . I really hope this sorts out soon.

My conversations with Curtis is that RW had close to 700 orders from BF, so this is reason why they are behind. Not to mention that Floyd is ill, which doesn't help any. I have been ordering items from RW for years now and they have always come through on everything for me from the standard products to any custom work that I wanted. They will work with you if you have any issues with their products. Like everyone, I am also waiting for my BF order and I know it will be here soon.

I had them cut me up an orange (instead of red) Go Devil 38 in September. Turn around was around a week. So I'd agree this is atypical, and why so many people were shocked by it.

19972684352_d75e3ec7e1_z.jpg

And my most recent order showed up- a 2.6" nose and some bulkheads to make an av-bay nose for a booster I had retired. :) :)
24338487076_c2fd8ff3fe_b.jpg

Last edited:
Still waiting for my 75 Mongoose CF to be shipped.(paypal processing still) Some of the recent updates concerning RW have made me feel a bit better. My goal is to take this rocket to Airfest in Kansas for Sept. 2017 but would like to begin the build soon.

Yes 2017, too much on the go this year. Also being north of Toronto it's a bit of a drive to get there and our dollar is all but non existent right now and probably for some time to come. Always wanted to go to an extreme high altitude launch. Airfest usually has a waiver of 50,000 ft. and the Mongoose 75 CF is well capable of 25,000 + without pushing the rocket to it's extreme.

There's a bunch of us in the NE looking to get high in about 2 years or so. Considering the rockets that need to be built, and travel arrangements that need to be made I don't think it's that odd.

Kansas Dave, that's the ticket- Im in...

Got my 29mm Goose within 3 weeks or so, still waiting on the 75mm myself. 700 orders is just insane, but the good part is there will be that many more rockets and rocketeers flying and that is a good thing!

I just realized that the AV bay lids that were sent for my Mongoose 54 R2 were G12 FG rather than the carbon fiber lids listed in the RW online specs. One more item to add to my list for my Monday call... :sigh:

Personally I'd rather have G12. more than up to the task, and less of a hassle.

Kansas Dave, that's the ticket- Im in...

Got my 29mm Goose within 3 weeks or so, still waiting on the 75mm myself. 700 orders is just insane, but the good part is there will be that many more rockets and rocketeers flying and that is a good thing!

We may need a bus.... it's far out, but I'm eyeing a 75mm goose myself and the possibility of using it as an L3 if I haven't done that yet. All day dreams, but hey why not.

Perhaps it's my newness to working with CF, but would you help me understand why? Thanks...

G-10/12 is radio transparent & non conductive. No issues mounting terminal blocks for ejection charges & having trackers/Gps inside bay.

Carbon IS electrically conductive & BLOCKS radio waves for GPS & trackers. Be very aware of this if ever using carbon for a sled, think of it as metal.

Carbon IS electrically conductive & BLOCKS radio waves for GPS & trackers.
I was aware of the nature of CF with respect to RF transmission - why my GPS TX is being placed in the NC. I'm not sure that was the basis for DizWolf's comment ("'I'd rather have G12 - more than up to the task, and less of a hassle). The nature of his wording suggested something more of a construction / workability issue.

I was aware of the nature of CF with respect to RF transmission - why my GPS TX is being placed in the NC. I'm not sure that was the basis for DizWolf's comment ("'I'd rather have G12 - more than up to the task, and less of a hassle). The nature of his wording suggested something more of a construction / workability issue.

Mostly what Jim said, my hints at construction referring to the need to isolate any electrical connections passing through the bulkhead. Terminal blocks, using screws, etc.

<Looks up from sanding>
Fortunately, I got another rocket kit from a prior sale, a scratch build, and a boat motor to work on. I basically asked RW to put me at the end of the line.
<goes back to sanding>
<checks face of sandpaper>
'Course I still look at their website a couple times a day to check on my order.
<goes back to sanding>

I have yet to receive my BF order. I have been told twice now that it is being shipped anyday. I am still waiting...........

I have yet to receive my BF order. I have been told twice now that it is being shipped anyday. I am still waiting...........

Well. In their defense, "anyday" is a pretty broad window so long as the planet keeps spinning.

Does Star Wars Coffee have a rebel blend?

With RW having over 700 orders from the sales it is possible some may have got lost or misplaced. Its best if you can call RW and talk to them. If no answer keep trying. If your card has not been run your not really out anything. Maybe disappointed but its not the end of the world.

Back