Rocketry to the rescue!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

fyrwrxz

latest photo
Reaction score
Not quite being the construction/home remodeling kinda guy, (mad props to those who are!) I ran into a bind today working on my roof. High winds and rain conspired to rip off a huge section of rolled roofing over my family (read: storage) room and I was pumping gallons of water an hour out as it poured in during torrential rains. Forecast said rain on Monday so I thought I had a bit of time. Not so! I went to work in a heavy mist and looked out 2 hours later to a light drizzle-not good! I bailed and got home in time to climb up and finish off what I had started. I got to a point where I needed about 3/4th of a gallon of Henry's Wetseal (#208r) and only had 1/2 gallon left. Now it's lightly raining and to get off the roof, get out of all the protective gear-(that rubberized asphalt stuff gets EVERYWHERE) and get into my car for a 1/2 hour round trip to the hardware store didn't seem reasonable at the time. Solution? Hah! Had the roof-top phobic Viking Princess throw me up a package of dog barf which I proceeded to fold into the remaining mastic. Yeah, a little tough to mix and it got a little stiffer but IT WORKED! Hole patched, a bead around the perimeter and a length of paper and some roofing nails and I'm a happy camper. I'm now sitting comfortably in dry clothes, sipping coffee and relating this weird little adventure. maybe I'll actually work on a rocket later!

qquake2k

Captain Low-N-Slow
Reaction score
Ha, that's awesome! Is there anything dog barf can't do? LOL

fyrwrxz

latest photo
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks guys! I was waiting for some roofing contractor sort to tell me what an idiot I am for doing that. My wife already holds that position by seniority......("wait-sweetheart..that was meant to be a joke. I know what it sounds like...I didn't mean to..yah- I know, I know...")

Last edited: