• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Rocketry Sell-Off, ALL Items Must Go

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eugenefl

Reaction score
Folks, I hate to be in a position to dispose of my unbuilt fleet of rockets. I have toted these around in boxes hoping to one day have an opportunity to find stability enough to focus on a hobby. I just don't see light at the end of the tunnel within the next 4-5 years. As most of you remember me from the earliest days of TRF, some will recall the many plights I have had in what is truly just a short 7 years since being involved in the hobby. I have moved residences 4 times, held 8 jobs, have lived in 2 states, engaged/separated, and lost 3 family members in that short amount of time. For those of you in stable living situations whether your it's because of your job, family, love life, etc., God bless you and I pray you hold onto it all.

I currently have my house on the market and am seeking employment back in Florida - both very IMPOSSIBLE things to do in this economy. My hope is to discard as much "baggage" as possible and save as much money as I can so that I can relocate overnight if need be. I intend on keeping my sentimental momentos of the hobby and some kits that I have built so that when I am ready I can hopefully re-ignite my interest.

PAYMENT: By PayPal (Verified/Confirmed Addresses Only) or US Money Order.

CONTACT FOR PURCHASE: TBA

RULES: 1st come, 1st served in the order Emails and payments received. I will reply to PM's and thread comments as I can, but use my Email address for buying requests. U.S. Buyers ONLY. DO NOT SEND PAYMENT until I have communicated with you, acknowledged you as the successful buyer, and exchanged shipping information. Photos of kits Emailed upon request.

UPDATE 9/30: ALL ITEMS CURRENTLY SOLD. Again, if you are local to the Piedmont Triad (NC) and are interested in any BP/AP motors, please contact me via PM and we'll discuss what is available. Please check back next week for new additions. Thank you to everyone that has purchased kits or has expressed well wishes.

------------------------------------
AIRFIX Smithsonian 1/144 Apollo Saturn V Plastic Model SOLD
Revell Aerobee Hi 1/40 Scale Plastic Model SOLD
FlisKits "Long Overdue" (Production #07) SOLD
FlisKits "ACME Spitfire" SOLD
Quest Flat Cat Boost Glider SOLD
Quest #2005 Tomahawk Scale Model SOLD
SEMROC ThunderBee + SEMROC Rocket Rack SOLD
SEMROC Space Shuttle Dual Glider SOLD
Estes #1295 Mean Machine SOLD
Estes #1960 Nova Payloader SOLD
FlisKits "Tres" (Production #09) SOLD
OOP Essence Aerospace Technologies Imperial Lambda Class Shuttle SOLD
Dr. Rocket 29/180 Case Only SOLD
Estes Enduring Freedom Kits: #2056 US ARMY Patriot, #2055 BLU-97B Cluster Bomb, #2053 GBU-24 Paveway, #2054 Python 4 SOLD
#2190 1/67 Scale Cosmos Mariner SOLD
#2191 Estes Space Ship One SOLD
#2073 Estes Atro-Blaster SOLD
#2075 Estes A.R.V. Condor SOLD
#2156 Estes Prowler SOLD
#2153 Estes AMRAAM AIM-120 SOLD
PerfectFlite miniTimer3 SOLD
#1380 Estes Phoenix (Semi-Scale Air-to-Air Missile)SOLD
#2125 Estes AIM-9 SidewinderSOLD
#2035 Estes Optima SOLD
#2120 Estes Venus ProbeSOLD
TLP Matra Magic R.550 Air-to-Air Missile...SOLD
TLP HARM AGM-88A...SOLD
TLP Lance MGM-52...SOLD
TLP Dragonfly...SOLD

Last edited:
All prices reduced 10% or more. Shipping terms have changed. Shipping still included in the price, but via Parcel Post which may be a little slower.

More kits will be added either later today if time permits or Monday of next week so please keep an eye out.

Thanks all for looking.

(Also, please don't hesitate to ask if you would like to see a picture of anything.)

Last edited:
Added "The Launch Pad" kits. TLP Kits are SOLD!

MODERATORS: Please edit thread title "Rocketry Sell-Off, Group 1: Prices INCLUDE Shipping" to say "Rocketry Sell-Off, ALL Items Must Go."

Thank you. (Offers in original thread may change and I don't want to mislead anyone. Besides, I figure it'd be wasted space to start a new thread for new stuff.) (THANK YOU!)

Last edited:
I've posted these kits on Rocketry Planet as well. I'll give them through the weekend and after they're going to eBay. I'm not opposed to offers, especially if you are interested in buying out the lot, but I'm already offering free shipping on top of a reduced price. Thanks all for looking.

I will be adding more kits either tomorrow or Sunday (9/13) as time permits.

Also, if there is anyone local to the Piedmont Triad (NC) that would be interested in motors then I may potentially have a massive motor sale. I have everything from MMX to H motors (BP, SU, and RMS), loose BP motors, and would probably be willing to mark them down up to 20-30% off retail or more depending on the lot available. PM me or reply here if you are interested and I will start to write up an inventory and price list. Please let any of your fellow rocketeers that might be near Winston Salem, NC about this pending sale and have them contact me via Email or through the forum to discuss.

Thank you for looking.

Mariner and SS1 came today--all the pieces seem to be in good shape despite the box bearing some battle scars. Thanks a bunch sir! :clap:

Reluctantly, I ask of thee: what else in goods by way of rocketry might there be? ;)

Mariner and SS1 came today--all the pieces seem to be in good shape despite the box bearing some battle scars. Thanks a bunch sir! :clap:

Reluctantly, I ask of thee: what else in goods by way of rocketry might there be? ;)

Well, the rest would pull at my heartstrings to sell, but I am seriously considering selling off the rest of the lot. I have a feeling that if I did I would feel some regret down the way when time magically re-appears for rocketry. The remaining items have hard to clone vacuformed plastic parts or are just impossible to duplicate. (i.e. Space Shuttle stack, Mercury Redstone, ALCM Cruise Missile, etc.)

More than anything, I have a good selection of SU and RMS 24mm and 29mm that I'd like to sell locally. When it comes to moving day I told myself I'd move ONE box of rocketry items - scratch build parts and hard to replace kits. I don't think I'll get rid of my GSE equipment although I have one rail launch pad that will be a chore to move. The problem would be shipping. I recall paying $30 for the rail and close to $20-30 for shipping because of it's odd size.

I'm in debate as to whether there will be another round of items for sale. If so, you'll see an update to this thread.

Glad to hear the shipping savages didn't destroy the package that keeps them in business.

***SALE PENDING AS OF 9/26***

what was the rail size ?
and length
Snoman

6' in length, 1"x1" square which I believe is 1010. (1515 being 1.5" square if I'm not mistaken.) Catalog LINK HERE

I believe I paid near $40 for the rail ($19.95 @ McMaster-Carr + shipping as much as rail) plus another $30 for parts from the hardware store to make a complete rail pad. I've got a a threaded LPR rod holder that attaches to the PVC legs to fly LPR rockets from as well. I'd sell the whole pad with a Tampa Bay Devil Rays (LOL) carrying bag for $40. The PVC legs are covered in soot from usage, but is still very functional. Everything could use a good acetone cleaning and perhaps a nice paint job.

You can read about the original Astrowolf67 rail pad here: LINK

(This is obviously available for local pick up only.)

I also have a selection of SU and RMS Aerotech motors available @ "name your own price." I'll be listing those shortly.

4in_rocket.jpg

rail_pad_load.jpg

rail_pad_lpr.jpg

Last edited:
New Kits Added 9/24 @ 1:00PM EST. ALL KITS SOLD OVER THE WEEKEND WILL SHIP ON MONDAY 9/28.

Also, if you are local to the Piedmont Triad in NC (Winston-Salem, High Point, Greensboro) I have a selection of LPR and MPR SU/RMS motors for sale.

PLEASE NOTE NEW SHIPPING TERMS

Any items not sold by this evening (Sunday 9/27) will go to eBay tomorrow. Thanks for looking.

Folks, I really hate ebay. I got in fairly late last night and was pretty exhausted. Tonight will be a fairly busy night which means I probably won't get anything listed for auction. I want this stuff gone & really don't have the patience to wait out a 3-day auction for some buyer to bail on me. I'm open to offers. This doesn't mean I'll take just anything, but if the offer is within reason I might accept it. I prefer bulk buyers & 1 shipment. Order enough kits & I'll take care of shipping.

BTW, all of the "sold" items more than likely didn't go for the price I have listed.

Once I'm done w/ rockets I have a lot of photography equipment to sell, a car, and a lot of household goods. My sense of urgency is pretty high so throw out some offers.

Thanks.

As is the status of this country. My situation merely reflects what a lot of other Americans are experiencing - economic downturn. I am currently employed, thank the Lord for that, but there is a great deal of instability and I can only prepare for more uncertainty.

Leo, I have a 2.5 year old nephew that I will undoubtedly introduce to this hobby once he is old enough. :) I have made a deal with myself to keep a small selection of hard-to-reproduce kits, momentos, basic ground support equipment, and my fleet of built rockets so I can head out to the local park should I get the desire to fly a few kits on a whim. I also made sure to save a box chock full of scratch build components so I can flip through a catalog and satiate that creative desire. :)

I appreciate the sentiments. All the best.

Leo, I have a 2.5 year old nephew that I will undoubtedly introduce to this hobby once he is old enough. :) I have made a deal with myself to keep a small selection of hard-to-reproduce kits, momentos, basic ground support equipment, and my fleet of built rockets so I can head out to the local park should I get the desire to fly a few kits on a whim. I also made sure to save a box chock full of scratch build components so I can flip through a catalog and satiate that creative desire. :)

Not sad anymore :cheers:

Back