Rocketry in Chattanooga?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrugCoder

Reaction score
Is there anyone on here that is close to Chattanooga? I've been researching good places to launch around here and not coming up with much. I have a friend with a farm that lets us launch but it's not always an option.

If you plan to go mid or high power, it would be worth the drive up to Manchester, TN. It's probably about 70 miles from Chattanooga.

BTW, I'd like to see one flown off Lover's Leap over the valley below. :cool::eek::D

I'll check them out.

BTW, I'd like to see one flown off Lover's Leap over the valley below. :cool::eek::D

Funny you should say this. I live in the valley just below there and was thinking about a flight off of the cliff this past weekend. Lookout Mtn is known for good hang-gliding. It would be a nightmare trying to compensate for the wind up there!

Manchester is probably the best choice for you. But as an alternative, our low power launches are about 110 miles away. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be flying there again until the fall.

click on the link below for our info. Hey, if you can leave by five or so, we have our Apollo 11 celebration tonight just off of I-75 in Kennesaw!

Back