Rocketry in BC

Discussion in 'Canadian Rocketry' started by gwh, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Jul 8, 2018 #1

gwh

gwh

gwh

Is anybody out here?

The BC Rocket Club doesn't look like they have been active for several years judging by their Facebook page.
    Coast Rocketry looks like they are shut down.

Anyone in the province flying?

2. Jul 8, 2018 #2

mpitfield

mpitfield

mpitfield

Lifetime Supporter Staff Member TRF Lifetime Supporter Global Mod

Not sure what is going on in BC, but I believe there is something going on in Alberta. Better yet 16ish hours to the south of you is one of the premiere rocket pastures in the world, Black Rock...now that is worth the drive.

3. Jul 9, 2018 #3

Len B

Len B

Len B

Old Member TRF Supporter

Indeed, the BCRC is no longer active. On Facebook, I saw launch photos by the Fraser Valley Rocket Club.
    I am not aware of their current status. I believe that to be the remaining members of the BCRC plus or minus some members.

My most recent launch was in Alberta. I went to rock Lake last year. There has been some activity in the Cranbrook, BC area.
    A couple years ago, I flew with a couple guys on Vancouver Island but one fellow moved out East and I haven't heard anything since.

Launch sites are hard to find out here. (As anywhere I suppose)

4. Jul 10, 2018 #4

gwh

gwh

gwh

Thanks, I hadn't heard of the Fraser Valley or Cranbrook clubs before, they both have active Facebook pages at least.

Living in the desert interior and with lots of ranch land around (if I can ask the owner) it's not terrible where I am for low and mid-power, but anything more is out of the question.