Rocketry discord!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewB

Reaction score
I posted about this one time but this is the last time a will so last chance for anyone that might wanna join from TRF!
LINK TO JOIN THE ROCKETRY DISCORD: https://discord.gg/2ZjzZVy
the discord is like the forum you can chat and share with other people talk about anything, you can share and post there! to get a better understanding of what it is I have included some photos for a over view of the server down below!
1592812337239.png

1592812355177.png

1592812365487.png

1592812376129.png

1592812387639.png

1592812396804.png

1592812408765.png

1592812425871.png

thise following images showed off the chat channels that you can talk and share in! The discord server is growing and as of now has 46 Members!
If you are new to discord its easy you set up a account and no personal info is shared with anyone and I assure you its safe to use, plenty of others use it. If you are interested in joining click the link at the top of this post and it will invite you automatically into the server, if it ask you to sign in do so and then it will get you in! any problems feel free to send me a message or leave a comment on the post so I can help you!

Attachments

• 1592812323148.png
    1592812323148.png
    477.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 1592812691489.png
    1592812691489.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 4
"Discord" phonetically resembles "dis cord", i.e. a Broklyn or Philly style street pronunciation of "this cord". Hence, I ask, what about "that cord" or "the other cord".

As for the lack, first, I fixed the typo. Second:
discord (noun)

dis·cord | \ ˈdi-ˌskȯrd \

b: lack of agreement or harmony (as between persons, things, or ideas)… "must we fall into the jabber and babel of discord while victory is still unattained?" — Sir Winston Churchill

b: active quarreling or conflict resulting from discord among persons or factions : STRIFE "marital discorddiscord between the two parties"​
From Merriam Webster.

But seriously folks, the reason a lot of us like it here on TRF is the lack of discord.

Clarified, I believe.

Maybe a Facebook group might be more appropriate for rocketry discord? Lots of people there that are willing to argue about subjects they neither understand nor appreciate. Based on experience, even bots from other countries could join in to make the conversation less useful, but more active.

There is enough "discord" on the internet already.

If I were "The Rocketry Forum", I'd be very irritated that someone would attempt to use my message board to advertise a competitive message board,..... livid to near the point of litigation. You should realize what you are doing and who it might affect.

You 'may' be doing something that harms the current message board. I'd suggest advertising your board elsewhere.

this isn't supposed to harm anything, and in fact I said this is the last time I would put the discord here! this is not harming because 99% of the people on my discord love TFR and are on TFR!

Threads about other media don't even get closed, let alone litigated over.
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/another-rocket-forum-looks-promising.126212/
Brian, I find use of discord to be even more of a generational divide than Facebook. Also, it's my understanding that many corporate firewalls block it, and IT policies ban it.

I won't touch it, to which my son says 'F--- you're old'. I tell him to go back to the long sullen silence.

So you may only attract a certain demographic.

Threads about other media don't even get closed, let alone litigated over.
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/another-rocket-forum-looks-promising.126212/
Brian, I find use of discord to be even more of a generational divide than Facebook. Also, it's my understanding that many corporate firewalls block it, and IT policies ban it.

I won't touch it, to which my son says 'F--- you're old'. I tell him to go back to the long sullen silence.

So you may only attract a certain demographic.
yeah haha, I realized that a but its ok! if you ever do want to get on discord ask your son he can help you out im sure. I don't mind a certain demographic but if I get more of one then the other that might off set the server a bit but its alright!

this isn't supposed to harm anything, and in fact I said this is the last time I would put the discord here! this is not harming because 99% of the people on my discord love TFR and are on TFR!

Discord is a group chat application, one in a long list of similar platforms (ICQ, Skype, etc).
To the extent that knowledge sharing is moved from TRF (searchable, indexable) to Discord (not externally searchable and indexable), it's a net negative to the rocketry community.

For that reason, and for lack of moderator oversight and control, I've ignored your original invite.
Please get the hint.

Discord is a group chat application, one in a long list of similar platforms (ICQ, Skype, etc).
To the extent that knowledge sharing is moved from TRF (searchable, indexable) to Discord (not externally searchable and indexable), it's a net negative to the rocketry community.

For that reason, I've ignored your original invite.
Please get the hint.
I do not haft to get any hint bud! This is for people who may have not seen the last post or maybe cant find it and wanted to join but didn't want to at the moment! Just move along if you don't want to join man no need for negative comment?

For that reason, and for lack of moderator oversight and control, I've ignored your original invite.
Please get the hint.
And I dont think its a negative to any community in rocketry a LOT of rocketeers use discord I mean alot of people do.

Discord, like Facebook, is great for NOW and somewhat less useful for searching later to recall substantive debate. Similar to IG, Snap, TT, what have you.

I signed up, but this engineer is either too old or not bright enough to decode the information. I had to shut off the constant e-mails and the like. If this is your cup of tea - enjoy!

already uninvited myself

Too many notifications about messages. Got real tired of it real quick. I still use Discord for my Runescape clan, but that's about it.

already uninvited myself

Too many notifications about messages. Got real tired of it real quick. I still use Discord for my Runescape clan, but that's about it.
their is a option to Mute the server, so you dont get notified every time someone messages it!

I am sorry! I should have noted this.

1592947517288.png

right click on the server icon, then scroll down to "mute server" mute the server to stop getting notified every time a message hes been sent to the chat. There on out no more notifications!

I posted about this one time but this is the last time a will so last chance for anyone that might wanna join from TRF!
the discord is like the forum you can chat and share with other people talk about anything, you can share and post there! to get a better understanding of what it is I have included some photos for a over view of the server down below!
View attachment 421400

View attachment 421401

View attachment 421402

View attachment 421403

View attachment 421404

View attachment 421405

View attachment 421406

View attachment 421407

thise following images showed off the chat channels that you can talk and share in! The discord server is growing and as of now has 46 Members!
If you are new to discord its easy you set up a account and no personal info is shared with anyone and I assure you its safe to use, plenty of others use it. If you are interested in joining click the link at the top of this post and it will invite you automatically into the server, if it ask you to sign in do so and then it will get you in! any problems feel free to send me a message or leave a comment on the post so I can help you!
Is the discord still active?
would like to join

View attachment 421400

View attachment 421401

View attachment 421402

View attachment 421403

View attachment 421404

View attachment 421405

View attachment 421406

View attachment 421407

Could you send an updated link?

Pretty sure it's the same Discord from the r/rocketry team on Reddit. You can get the invitation through the link in the top post here:

Not interested in another social media. As others have stated there are many reasons TRF is a better repository.
I know, I just like to post in various places for more and quicker responses. I also like how discord can be used for active troubleshooting as it is always active with users. It kind of like the difference between texting and sending an email. Emailing is good for proper info transmission, but not as convenient or fast as texting. Discord is good for long troubleshooting sessions where trf is more reliable and formal

Back