RocketReviews.com Motor Data Missing...any alternatives?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o1d_dude

'I battle gravity'
Reaction score
Assuming this the right forum to bring up an issue with the launch log function at RocketReviews.com.

Before anyone asks, I’ve reported this issue a week ago to the sitebut haven’t heard anything. I also understand that Rocket Reviews may at this point by a zombie site (unmaintained but still on the web). Last update I saw was about a year ago.

A recently popular Aerotech motor (H115DM) is one of my favorites as well but Rocket Reviews doesn’t have any data when I try to select that motor in my flight log. The closest match is an H115SS, a non-Aerotech motor which I’ve never seen in the wild. I compared the motor data (Ns, etc) of both these motors and it’s nowhere close to a match.

Any suggestions for launch log software or other sites with up to date motor selection and data?

I miss the convenience of being able to check my annual/monthly Newton expenditures, cost, etc.

Well acquainted with ThrustCurve. My rockets are all listed on the site and it’s what I use for delay recommendations and apogee estimates for mid power launches limited to 1500’ by waiver.

And John Coker occasionally flies with us at Snow Ranch.

Thrustcurve is just not a launch/flight log, tho.

Well acquainted with ThrustCurve. My rockets are all listed on the site and it’s what I use for delay recommendations and apogee estimates for mid power launches limited to 1500’ by waiver.

And John Coker occasionally flies with us at Snow Ranch.

Thrustcurve is just not a launch/flight log, tho.
Oh, sorry, wasn't familiar with that RocketReviews feature. When I used to keep a log, I guess I just did it on an Excel spreadsheet.

Rocket Reviews should still be active. Jon Rocket (Roger Smith) aka @jadebox is still pretty active here and last I heard he was owner of Rocket Reviews.

Rocket Reviews should still be active. Jon Rocket (Roger Smith) aka @jadebox is still pretty active here and last I heard he was owner of Rocket Reviews.

It is. I am working on a major update to the Flight Log (mostly a more modern, easier to use interface and the ability to choose units of measure), but the whole update has to be done before I can turn it on for everyone. In the mean time the current functionality works.

For some reason, I suspect that I might have more time to work on it soon.

Assuming this the right forum to bring up an issue with the launch log function at RocketReviews.com.

Before anyone asks, I’ve reported this issue a week ago to the sitebut haven’t heard anything. I also understand that Rocket Reviews may at this point by a zombie site (unmaintained but still on the web). Last update I saw was about a year ago.

A recently popular Aerotech motor (H115DM) is one of my favorites as well but Rocket Reviews doesn’t have any data when I try to select that motor in my flight log. The closest match is an H115SS, a non-Aerotech motor which I’ve never seen in the wild. I compared the motor data (Ns, etc) of both these motors and it’s nowhere close to a match.

Any suggestions for launch log software or other sites with up to date motor selection and data?

I miss the convenience of being able to check my annual/monthly Newton expenditures, cost, etc.

I replied to your email. Apologies if you didn't receive it.

If a motor isn't listed as a choice, you can still enter it for your flight. That is one way I find new motors to add.

I have added the H115 and a few other missing motors:

https://www.rocketreviews.com/h115dm-14a.html

Thanks for using RocketReviews.

I replied to your email. Apologies if you didn't receive it.

If a motor isn't listed as a choice, you can still enter it for your flight. That is one way I find new motors to add.

I have added the H115 and a few other missing motors:

https://www.rocketreviews.com/h115dm-14a.html

Thanks for using RocketReviews.
Many thanks for the quick response and for keeping Rocket Reviews alive and kicking. It's one of my Go To sites for rocketry matters.

And from my sig, you can see it's working as intended.

Emails often go astray...The internet it just a series of pipes, right? No worries.

Back