Rocketober

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orbital

Reaction score
Hi all,

Went to our last launch of the year. 10/16 10/17. Had allot of fun. Launched this scatch built rocket.

Length 84"
Dia 4"

Motor.

Pro38 I350SS

This thing just jumped off the pad.

Here are a few pics for you all.

Loading her up on the pad.. That's my youngest son (14) Tory..

cool pictures! thanks for posting. where were you flying? looks like high desert. why is that the last launch for the year, can you fly in the cold months?

Yep high desert.. Our Launch site is about 40 miles East of Bend Oregon.

I think holidays, weather and distance to the site. Mainly weather (snow). Make it the last launch.

Thanks for the kind words..

Rocketober is our last organized launch of the year.

Between snow in the passes and how cold it gets at night in the high desert, not enough people are willing to make the trip. The launch site is a 4+ hour drive from Portland. Well worth the trip if you can expect good weather. As it was, it was in the 20's at night and started to snow while we were packing up on Sunday.

Rocketober was a great launch - I finished the year with a Skidmark Drag Race at night...dueling K-1000SK's. What a way to close out the flying season. You can see photos and vidoes from Rocketober in the Image Gallery at northwestrocketry.com.

Now....there are always pickup launches..... But basically it's building season here in the Northwest.

Originally posted by freda
Rocketober was a great launch - I finished the year with a Skidmark Drag Race at night...dueling K-1000SK's. What a way to close out the flying season. You can see photos and vidoes from Rocketober in the Image Gallery at northwestrocketry.com.

WOW.

That guy who made the PG-rated comment at burnout just about nailed it.

I love sparkies, especially at night! Awesome footage, Fred!

Originally posted by freda
Rocketober is our last organized launch of the year.

Between snow in the passes and how cold it gets at night in the high desert, not enough people are willing to make the trip. The launch site is a 4+ hour drive from Portland. Well worth the trip if you can expect good weather. As it was, it was in the 20's at night and started to snow while we were packing up on Sunday.

Now....there are always pickup launches..... But basically it's building season here in the Northwest.

That was a cool night flight Fred..

Latest posts

Back