Rocketman248

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hospital_Rocket

Reaction score
So by by now you must be close to or out of boot.

Have you decided on a rating?

I got even money on:

Missile Technician (MT): MTs assemble, maintain and repair missiles carried by submarines. They maintain the specialized equipment used in these functions. Although missile components and related testing and handling equipment are primarily electrical and electronic, MTs must also work with the mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic units in the launcher systems, fire control systems and missile flight control systems.

Just think, you can actually get paid for your hobby!:)

Welcome to the fleet sailor!

Some basic things you will need to provide this ex-chief before you may be fully accepted:

1) The location where the key to the sea chest is located.

2) Maintenance requirements for a sounding tube amplifier

3) The MSDS for relative bearing grease.

4) The schedule by which you should thoroughly scrub out the coffee urn in the goat locker.

Of course I was in the Coast Guard (That trained cadre of seasoned professionals around which the President forms the Navy in time of need) :D

That oughta start the fur flying.

I'd put my nickel on either GM(M) or FC. Those are the surface folks who maintain the USABLE missile systems. You know, like the one employed here:

Standard Missiles

After all, those get launched all the time... when was the last time we fired a SLBM? Didn't think so...

WW

Oh, and add to the list of tasks:

1) voltage and amperage ratings for sound-powered phone systems
2) get qualified for mail buoy watch and recovery team
3) have your chief fill out your I-D-10-Tango form.

After all, those get launched all the time... when was the last time we fired a SLBM? Didn't think so...

I for one am glad we never did.

Allow me to quote Albert Einstein...

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

I did not realize that the MT only did ballistics...

Originally posted by wwattles

3) have your chief fill out your I-D-10-Tango form.

I'm a software developer, and I fill those out all the time for our customers...:D

Loopy,

As a software developer... have you ever said that something was a PICNIC?

(Problem In Chair, Not In Computer)

WW

Or, he could be an AO, and get that extra flight deck pay to buy APCP with. Plus, he would get to work for officers that don't have 30 knot minds.

With his luck, though, the "needs of the Navy" might intervene and he end up as a bos'n mate, paint chipper in hand.

Okay, Prowlerguy,

I wasn't going to go there, but you forced my hand...

"I've seen a lot of planes in the sea, but never a ship in the sky!"

WW

Hey!!! Those are artificial marine habitats. Wassa matter, got something against conservation?

We had our own sayings, too. "Is manning the rail fun? I wouldn't know, since we fly off a week in advance." "Liberty port? We don't need no liberty port as long as there's a bingo fields available." "Will Rogers never met a black shoe."

Hey guys.

I finally made it out of boot camp. To answer your question, i'm going to be an FC. I am at my school right now. It's pretty cool. There are internet computers in the barracks lounge, so I can talk again! There is so much stuff to do here when i'm on liberty.

Right now I am in a week long indoctrination course, after that I go to ATT school. It's a self paced Advanced Technical Training. After that I start AECF school. That goes to the end of July, After that, I go to FC school in Virginia. I'll be in school for quite a while.

HOLY Mutha he is back!!!

Dang Nick, great to see you online again. You obviously made it out of Boot alive, so things may start to ease up a bit for ya...glad to hear it. Virginia huh? hmmm...something tells me NARAM46 is there this year! ;)

good to hear from you bro!

Carl

Originally posted by wwattles
As a software developer... have you ever said that something was a PICNIC?

(Problem In Chair, Not In Computer)

LOL. Have to remember that one!

Congrats Nick, and best of luck on your next stage of training.

Keep 'em flying!... er, sailing... uhh... or whatever...

Latest posts

Back