• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Rocketman R7C Ballistic chute - new

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What diameter is a R7c? What weight is it rated for?

Rocket an chutes are measured over the canopy, so in this case that is seven feet. This chute should handle a 9-10 pound rocket at a descent rate of 15-18 feet/sec.

Rocket an chutes are measured over the canopy, so in this case that is seven feet. This chute should handle a 9-10 pound rocket at a descent rate of 15-18 feet/sec.

Actually Mark, this is the older "C" version so it is measured in 10" increments (instead of a foot like Rocketman now does to align with others). So the canopy span on this is 70" and is rated at 3.5lb to 8lb for 15fps and 20fps, respectively (I kept an old descent chart).

Actually Mark, this is the older "C" version so it is measured in 10" increments (instead of a foot like Rocketman now does to align with others). So the canopy span on this is 70" and is rated at 3.5lb to 8lb for 15fps and 20fps, respectively (I kept an old descent chart).

I stand corrected.

Back