Rocketman Parachutes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KoboldMeister

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered parachute from Rocketman Parachutes and after some initial delays Buddy and his team were able to get it shipped in time for my launch. He also generously offered me a gift card for my troubles. I very much appreciate the turnaround and would recommend him in the future. 🚀 🪂

Last edited:
Might as well do a chargeback on your credit card. Nobody should have to put up with delays like that.

I thought Buddy Michaelson was was active on this forum? I know he's REALLY active on Facebook. Maybe try posting on one of the FB groups he frequents?

:popcorn:

Hello please call me 612-599-2292, I am awake right now and will make sure to get this figured out immediately and get the item shipped ASAP. I am so sorry about this. A name/invoice number will help me see what the order was. We have no outstanding orders right now, so there may be a shipping issue or somehow got misplaced. But no matter what I’ll send a 2nd order out today. Thank you

Last edited:
After some delays Buddy was able to get my parachute shipped in time for my launch. He was also kind enough to offer me a gift card for my troubles. Issue is resolved and I will be using him in the future. Thanks Buddy!
Was there tracking provided with Your order? I don’t know if I should’ve gotten a shipping confirmation. I’m in no rush but I know how the mail system gets around Holidays.

I ordered a 30' streamer, live 30 minutes away, he said come on down. When I got there he was just wrapping it up. Not any better service than that.

One issue we have these days is we all have gotten used to Amazon delivery times. I'm not saying that excuses overly slow shipping or poor communication, but it is a thing. For example, a friend of mine runs a small manufacturing company. He packages and ships just one day a week, otherwise it just becomes too inefficient to try and do it piecemeal. Like so many things, there is time economy in batch processing, and it makes planning production a lot easier.

However, occasionally he gets a customer that refuses to understand why he can't/won't ship the items hours after it was ordered. Even after refunding money he's had folks still continue to complain and carry on about his shipping policy.

I've ordered a number of parachutes from Rocketman over the years, and sometimes the shipping has been slower than I'd like, or I've had to email to check on things. Back in the 'olden days', I wouldn't have even thought about it, but now with Amazon's shipping we're trained to expect boxes on our doorstep two days later. But in every instance I've gotten what I ordered and the quality of the chutes is top-notch, or I would not keep going back.

I agree that in such a small hobby communication is king and letting folks know order status, etc., can head off a lot of issues. It's one of those things that some folks do better than others. Hopefully Buddy will come up with a good rhythm that works for him and his customers. It's great to have a vendor that makes such a high quality product for a reasonable price, and also participates in our hobby. I think we need to be careful to not over react to occasion misfires in execution.

Tony

PS: Another popular vendor charged my card on Dec. 15th, and I just got the items yesterday (Jan 3). It was a long delay, but I reasoned it was due to the season. I will admit it was hard sitting on my hands and not bothering the vendor about where my order was, but even though I was anxious to get it, there was no actual immediacy on my end. I had to remind myself, not everyone is Amazon.

Love Rocketman. Affordable chutes that do the job. And I've seen an 800-lb. rocket come down on three Rocketman chutes, including a 40' custom-made one.

Hi Bat, that would be cool to see. I have actually been to the rocket castle, Buddy's home, he has a mess of really neat stuff there. ie, full size bull pup NC, a 25' tall rocket you and I could fly in, gas powered pencil sharpener, a 100 mph motorcycle powered by beer. If Buddy sees this, maybe he might post some stuff, I am sure all would be interested.

Tony, you have put it much more eloquently than I could.

I agree that in such a small hobby communication is king and letting folks know order status, etc., can head off a lot of issues. It's one of those things that some folks do better than others. Hopefully Buddy will come up with a good rhythm that works for him and his customers.

I would have been fine with a 3 month delay. Still patiently waiting on some kits from a different vendor because of carboard shortages. Nothing to be done about that. It's really about just saying there is a delay instead of radio silence.

Tony, you have put it much more eloquently than I could.

I would have been fine with a 3 month delay. Still patiently waiting on some kits from a different vendor because of carboard shortages. Nothing to be done about that. It's really about just saying there is a delay instead of radio silence.
Agreed, communication is king when it comes to keeping customers happy. My philosophy when I was in sales was to bring bad news to the customer before they asked me about it. If a customer expects it on Thursday, and they call me Thursday asking where it is, and I tell them it's delayed, they get cranky. However, if I call them as soon as I know it's going to be delayed, and tell them, then they are appreciative I've kept them in the loop and stay a happy customer.

I didn't learn that right away, and many of the folks I worked with never learned it.

Tony

Back