Rocketman Enterprises

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StuartL_UK

Reaction score
It's absolutely heartbreaking to post this as our previous experience with Rocketman has been outstanding. I'm hopeful that Buddy sees this and makes it right.

On the 13th December 2021 I placed an order for a number of parts from Rocketman, including some parachutes and some kits, totalling approximately $1000. Starting on 7th January I tried to call Rocketman at least once a week, sometimes multiple times throughout the day in case he was busy. I have contacted him via Facebook personal message and through the Facebook business page. I emailed multiple times.

When I finally managed to get through to Buddy on 20th January I was promised immediate shipment of the parachutes, but I had to chase three more times (across Facebook, email and phone) before getting tracking details. The parachutes arrived (here in the UK) on 3rd February.

Since that time I have called, emailed or Facebook messaged Rocketman at least once a week. Late March I raised a Paypal case because we were not getting any responses and for the next few weeks Rocketman were quite responsive, promising imminent shipment. This finally concluded the day before the PayPal case timed out with Buddy promising that the parts for the kits were in transit and would be with him in a few days. I did not escalate the PayPal case and it timed out without action.

Since then I have called Rocketman at least twice a week, I have emailed approximately once every two weeks and, over the course of the last week, have called at least once a day varying the times of the day in case Rocketman were busy at a specific time. I have left voicemail messages a couple of times identifying myself, giving my email address and the outstanding items, which contribute about 2/3 of the overall order.

I have had nothing but GREAT CS from Buddy. In fact I ordered a streamer, he said come and get it. A half hour later I arrived at his door and he was just folding it up. I am sure Buddy will get your order done for you.

I wonder if Buddy got a little confused - we have a StuartL here in NZ that also ordered a swag of stuff from RM and got the bumsrush getting it shipped to NZ. When it did arrive, the drogue chute was olive drab... perfect for locating in the lush green fields of NZ.

It's absolutely heartbreaking to post this as our previous experience with Rocketman has been outstanding. I'm hopeful that Buddy sees this and makes it right.

On the 13th December 2021 I placed an order for a number of parts from Rocketman, including some parachutes and some kits, totalling approximately $1000. Starting on 7th January I tried to call Rocketman at least once a week, sometimes multiple times throughout the day in case he was busy. I have contacted him via Facebook personal message and through the Facebook business page. I emailed multiple times.

When I finally managed to get through to Buddy on 20th January I was promised immediate shipment of the parachutes, but I had to chase three more times (across Facebook, email and phone) before getting tracking details. The parachutes arrived (here in the UK) on 3rd February.

Since that time I have called, emailed or Facebook messaged Rocketman at least once a week. Late March I raised a Paypal case because we were not getting any responses and for the next few weeks Rocketman were quite responsive, promising imminent shipment. This finally concluded the day before the PayPal case timed out with Buddy promising that the parts for the kits were in transit and would be with him in a few days. I did not escalate the PayPal case and it timed out without action.

Since then I have called Rocketman at least twice a week, I have emailed approximately once every two weeks and, over the course of the last week, have called at least once a day varying the times of the day in case Rocketman were busy at a specific time. I have left voicemail messages a couple of times identifying myself, giving my email address and the outstanding items, which contribute about 2/3 of the overall order.
Hello please give me a call at 612-599-2292, I am currently traveling, but think the hold up was getting the Showtime kits from Composite Warehouse, I was told they’re on the way to me and will be shipped out very soon, but have no issue refunding your order immediately, thank you!

Following the post here Buddy has responded to my Facebook message and has echoed the offer above to sort it out immediately. I am grateful for the immediate response.

I shall update this thread with progress.

Hello please give me a call at 612-599-2292, I am currently traveling, but think the hold up was getting the Showtime kits from Composite Warehouse, I was told they’re on the way to me and will be shipped out very soon, but have no issue refunding your order immediately, thank you!
Hi @Buddy Michaelson , I just tried to call but got your voicemail and this time was unable to leave a message as the mailbox is full. I have also responded on Facebook. Refund would be great, thank you!

Has anyone else recently tried to get a showtime kit ?
I placed an order months ago and have not received it. Only was able to talk to Buddy like twice, and that was after many attempts to email and phone. I was luck y he answered the phone I guess. I have not gotten ANY response from my emails or messages. Anyway I think he is still waiting on Nose cones.
I would have gladly just taken a refund and ordered it later... but with them never responding I don't know what else to do but contact credit card company.

Ky, Buddy ....Please let me know what's going on?

I placed an order months ago and have not received it. Only was able to talk to Buddy like twice, and that was after many attempts to email and phone. I was luck y he answered the phone I guess. I have not gotten ANY response from my emails or messages. Anyway I think he is still waiting on Nose cones.
I would have gladly just taken a refund and ordered it later... but with them never responding I don't know what else to do but contact credit card company.

I'd go ahead and call the card company. Maybe they're embarrassed that they continue to use the thieves that are Composite Warehouse instead of switching to Wildman?

I have never had a bad experience, but I acknowledge those who have.

My USLI team had a REALLY bad experience with Rocketman last year.

I wonder if RM is in business with Curtis?

Last edited:
Buddy has not been on the forums since Nov 29. But I'll tag him and see if he gets the notification. @Buddy Michaelson
One other note. He posted a different phone # on post 10 of this thread. Try that.
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threa...utes-and-deployment-bags.182901/#post-2507279
I wonder if RM is in business with Curtis?
Well yes, it is known that CW supplies the fiberglass to RM. He's mentioned that here, and elsewhere. He gets the runaround from them as much about nosecone delivery as anyone else. Why he hasn't moved to another supplier...? [ I can only GUESS it may be because, of mold ownership. ]

I know Buddy personally, both him and Ky are members of our club. Have been to their home, seen the shop and have known them to always be stand up merchants. Last I saw them was at the August launch, I know they had been traveling a lot. I had an order placed, it took a bit longer, but when I received it Buddy had included extra stuff, not ordered, that he knew I used. I know Buddy drove to the CW shop in PA to get the parts for the Miss Riley rockets they did. I am sure that the orders will come through for everyone. Dave.

I know Buddy personally, both him and KY are members of our club. Have been to their home, seen the shop and have known them to always be stand up merchants. Last I saw them was at the August launch, I know they had been traveling a lot. I had an order placed, it took a bit longer, but when I received it Buddy had included extra stuff, not ordered, that he knew I used. I know Buddy drove to the CW shop in PA to get the parts for the Miss Riley rockets they did. I am sure that the orders will come through for everyone. Dave.
I have the utmost respect for them both talked to both at LDRS 41 and have bought things from them before............. That makes it all the harder to try to understand that NONE of my calls or emails have been answered.............

I have the utmost respect for them both talked to both at LDRS 41 and have bought things from them before............. That makes it all the harder to try to understand that NONE of my calls or emails have been answered.............
I was told on the 12th that my order would ship the next day. That was 17 days ago now and still nothing. An email I sent 2 days ago has gone unanswered. I was going to have them add a Miss Riley to my order if it hadn't shipped yet, but with the lack of response I don't think I want to send them any more money at this point. :(

Today is Jan 2nd 2024. I just left a voice message for Buddy at the phone number on their website. I'll update here if/when I hear back.

Looks like I'm not the only one being given the silent treatment.
I placed a Black Friday order on the rocketman website, and despite inquiries, it's been crickets.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, I know someone who tried contacting them repeatedly via phone to no avail. Eventually, they called using a different outgoing phone number and they picked right up. Come to find out, Rocketman blocked the initial phone number. I wonder if this is happening to more than just one person...

30 days after being told my order would ship "tomorrow" and 9 days after I last left a voicemail with zero response. Seems like it's time to reverse the charges. I could have spent that money elsewhere on Black Friday, and now I lost out on those deals. :mad:

I was literally minutes away from opening a dispute with my credit card company when this email arrived....

Hello Darren, I apologize for not getting back to you sooner, all we are missing is the 6 – ¼” Eye bolts, they were on the way to me but taking some time.

If you can wait another day, I should be able to get your entire order shipped over the weekend, if that is still okay please let me know.
I really apologize for not keeping you updated sooner as we ran out of some stuff from Black Friday.
Thank you so much!

Buddy Michaelson

Rocketman Parachutes

I replied I would give them a little more time, but to please let me know by next Tuesday whether my items have shipped or not.

@Glasspack, Did you ever get your Showtime kit? I just called to order one and was told that nosecones were back ordered so then I found this thread. Just wondering how long people have been waiting for those nosecones.

Unless Rocketman can confirm to you that they found a new supplier for the nosecones, I would NOT order the kit waiting for a backorder. They were coming from a vendor who is getting out of the rockety parts business, and canceling orders from both companies, and individuals... YMMV

Unless Rocketman can confirm to you that they found a new supplier for the nosecones, I would NOT order the kit waiting for a backorder. They were coming from a vendor who is getting out of the rockety parts business, and canceling orders from both companies, and individuals... YMMV
Thank you

Unfortunately I had no idea there was a problem with Nose Cones at the time I ordered it....... IN AUGUST !!
Its NOW January and neither Buddy or KY has ever responded to my emails, texts or messages.
I talked to buddy on the phone a week ago, and asked for an refund or send the kit.... but still got nowhere.

I felt no choice but to call Credit Card company

Paul

Having to track these guys down on various social media sites just to get their attention and shame them into shipping product or providing a refund is becoming more and more prevalent. CT's business practices seem to be wearing off on them.

Having to track these guys down on various social media sites just to get their attention and shame them into shipping product or providing a refund is becoming more and more prevalent. CT's business practices seem to be wearing off on them.
The last time I made a comparison between the two, it was edited out of my post by mods.

CT's business practices seem to be wearing off on them.

The last time I made a comparison between the two, it was edited out of my post by mods.
CT's business practice IS the reason for Rocketman not to have nosecones. He IS/WAS the supplier.

That's why I said if you can't get confirmation that Rocketman has found another supplier, I wouldn't order a rocket kit.

If you search here, or are a part of the NAR or Tripoli FB page, I assure it's not, and never has been JUST CT supplied fiberglass that's the issue.

Pops up here and there at least once a quarter. Even in the Similar Threads below there are at least 4 from last year alone, in addition to this one.

Last edited:
It might be possible that the parcel I can see inbound on my USPS Informed Delivery from St Paul, MN might be my Black Friday order. But I wouldn't know for sure, because Buddy hasn't responded to any form of communication from me, or contacted me at all... AT ALL since I received the order confirmation in November.

I even PM'd him here on TRF, on Jan 6, and it's still unread.

Fingers crossed that I can be done with this soon.

1705709050750.png

Indeed.... after the parcel circled around the region for a few days, it finally landed. It contained most of my order. I'm guessing the Jolly Logic chute release was drop shipped from Mr. Beans, as Buddy noted that it was sent separately on the order printout.

Back