Rocketman chute DBag pack.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

NateLowrie

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I want a second opinion here.

This is the first time I am packing a rocketman chute (16') into a fruity chutes DBag. Normally, when I pack a round chute I flap fold the panels on each side and end up with a nice stack of Z-folded panels to stuff into the DBag with the shroud lines neatly stacked in order. I think I can do that with the rocketman but was wondering if there was a better way to handle this style of chute before insertion into the DBag.

NateLowrie

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I just stuff it in. Always works for me.
Good to know. I always get paranoid with the shroud lines but I can see how having only 4 lends itself to a simpler setup. This should be ok as long as I fold to get the lines lined up on top of each other.

dixontj93060

Reaction score
Good to know. I always get paranoid with the shroud lines but I can see how having only 4 lends itself to a simpler setup. This should be ok as long as I fold to get the lines lined up on top of each other.
Others will tell you different, and I'm sure a professional would know how to fold it just right, but I have actually had slower, even one white-knuckle, deployment when I folded chutes inside a d-bag.

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
+1, I do the same with my Skyangle Cert3XL, start at the top stuffing it in then after canopy is stuffed, feed the shroud lines through the loops.
That's what I'm doing. 36" pilot chute on top of the bag.

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
That's what I'm doing. 36" pilot chute on top of the bag.
I should add ... not a Rocketman, though.

Tom Cohen uses Rocketman chutes in D-bags all the time. Stop by and see him before you launch.

NateLowrie

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I should add ... not a Rocketman, though.

Tom Cohen uses Rocketman chutes in D-bags all the time. Stop by and see him before you launch.
We already talked. Gonna take him up on the offer.

I am going to play around with the packing this weekend and will take a video the packing methodology and post it here.

Latest posts