Rocketeers in Ventura Ca. ??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveNeill

SNG Studio Ventura
Reaction score
I am a member of the ROC as of recent. I'm about to join the NRA. I'm also AMA, FAC, NFFS, and lets not forget, FAA. That being said 6 years ago I left the LA valley. I lived there for 40 years I working in motion picture visual effects. My late wife passed from cancer in 2013. I left LA and moved to Ventura by the sea. I opened up and studio-shop here and it's been open for 6 years now. www.steveneillsgarage.com

I build model free flight planes, RC planes, RC subs, and other models and last but not least model Rockets. I have done everything from ghosts for Ghost Busters to Spock's ears, movie models and CGI effects.

6 Years later now that the dust has settled from the worse experience in my life I'm back to my hobbies I have always had a deep passion for. Especially rockets and space craft. After all I was glued to the screen in 61-69 from the moment I heard of the Alan Shepard's prayer. I watched Neil walk on the moon and played hooky from school for the whole mission. I have always been a rocket man.

But I am far behind the times and being 67(and out of the scene for a decade) I'm got a lot of spring in my step and want to work my way up those levels. Right now my sites are on L1 but I'm nearly a complete dummy and need to learn to walk again before I can run.

I just ordered from Tim a Zephyr, it should be here in a few days. I can build it just fine I have built thousands of models in my time and nearly all from scratch and or my own designs. So I'm good there. But I want to learn as much as I can.

So after telling you this long drawn out story what always helps is getting together with other people in rocketry. Are there any Rocketeers here from Ventura? If so I love to have you over to the studio and talk shop. You can sit in Kirk's chair and see a huge model of the Enterprise I built, props, masks, creatures and more.

I'm heading to Roctober on the 12 in my motor home to meet and fly with the ROC but I have to get my old rockets ready again and build this Zephyr before then.

I should have done this new guy check in post earlier.

Thanks guys,
Steve

Hi Steve, I'm in Ventura. I got back in Rocketry recently after showing my 5 year daughter some actual launches (either watching from home the launches out of VAFB or on Youtube) and mentioning we could build models. I had a bunch old LPR kits I built when I was in college (about 20 years ago) in one of the closets. We built a couple new kits, and went done to the SCRA launches at Santa Fe Dam Park a couple times and plan on heading again at the end of September.

Thanks
Billy

Hi Billy. Thanks for popping in. If you have the time you should come by the studio. It's off of Telephone and McGraft. Currently I'm building a redstone and a Little Joe 1 both from Estes. Got to get them both done before the Zephyr gets here.

Attachments

• IMG-1312.JPG
    IMG-1312.JPG
    231.3 KB · Views: 34
Amazing, from RC sailplane, planes, jets ,Free Flight, Rockets, RC submarines and boats Ventura seems to be a dead zone for hobbies. Oh I forgot to mention Astronomy and slot cars. Yes I have too many toys and hobbies but then again he who dies with the most toys wins?

Back