Rocketeer’s Fuel

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My fuel after a day of slogging like that is usually whatever I can get from the nearest fast food joint. But if there's a pot luck after party, I bring chili.

Driving home from my club's field the first thing I come to is a Sonic drivein so my mid afternoon refueling is usually a very large cherry limeade and a corn dog.

20190301_190128 (002).jpg
Had a bunch of these tulip pint glasses etched with the Thunda logo, and the words Rocket Fuel, for the launch Thunda Down Under in 2019. Aussies seemed to appreciate them.
Just don't go asking any two Aussies what their favorite beer is, it's guaranteed to cause an argument....

From the original poster
sorry, I had to look up "wort"
  1. used in names of plants and herbs, especially those used, especially formerly, as food or medicinally, e.g., butterwort, woundwort.

2. the sweet infusion of ground malt or other grain before fermentation, used to produce beer and distilled malt liquors.
    "yeast is added to the wort"

beer as rocket fuel
Some people comment "but I don't drink beer", to which I reply, "you can fill it with whatever floats your boat", prosecco or cola or whatever :)

So, yeah, you could say it's "rocketeer" fuel.
I prefer a good Belgian blond, or a good English ale as my rocket fuel.

I too am a Red Bull drinker. Originally I had to import it from the west coast because we could not get it here in NYC, but it eventually started getting wider distribution and now it's in every Wawa and 7/11, and has been for the last 2 decades, but in the 90's it was hard to find. It doesn't necessarily give me wings, but it keeps me on my feet.

I prefer a good Belgian blond, or a good English ale as my rocket fuel.
I've got nothing against a good Belgian blond, but I'm partial to Irish redheads. (C'mon, you knew someone had to do it.)

I too am a Red Bull drinker. Originally I had to import it from the west coast because we could not get it here in NYC, but it eventually started getting wider distribution and now it's in every Wawa and 7/11, and has been for the last 2 decades...
Red Bull, sure, but I didn't know Wawa had made it to NYC. They were a Philly thing to start, and I didn't know they'd made it beyond central NJ, anything past New Brunswick.

Last edited:
They were a Philly thing to start, and I didn't know they'd made it beyond central NJ, anything past New Brunswick.
I live in Belleville NJ, walking distance from Newark, and there is a Wawa around the block from me. Between the coffee and their food, I need to buy Wawa stock because I spend so much money there.

Two things. I saw a Wawa in Florida. I wondered what it meant. 7/11 I understand. I didn't know there was a rocket club in East Anglia or I might have been bitten sooner. We were at RAF Lakenheath from 1987 to 1991. The aircraft from there, F111's, were very busy during The Gulf War.

Wort, soon to be beer.
Could you narrow it down a little? I am always up for a good Bitter, Porter, or Stought. In a pinch a good dark or red ale will do. What kind of beer are you brewing good sir?

Andrew

sorry, I had to look up "wort"
  1. used in names of plants and herbs, especially those used, especially formerly, as food or medicinally, e.g., butterwort, woundwort.

2. the sweet infusion of ground malt or other grain before fermentation, used to produce beer and distilled malt liquors.
    "yeast is added to the wort"

#2, yeah ... And it's pronounced "wert", not wort. Don't want to sound like a newbie.

Back