Rocketarium - Daedalus - Build Questions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billys2001

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has built a stock Rocketarium - Daedalus? I saw the thread below, but Brian made some mods which deviated from the instructions and my questions.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/build-thread-rocketarium-daedalus.134140/

Initially I was looking for open rocket file for the model but no joy, so I started making one (which since I'm new at this probably isn't very good but should be passable). In "building" the rocket in open rocket I couldn't get the booster coupler to fit between the forward centering in the booster and the aft centering in the sustainer. So I got all the parts out and dry fit them together and still the gap between the two centering rings I keep coming up with is 1.75" and the coupler is 2". Below are the measurements I'm working with if anybody has a suggestions/ideas on where I'm messing up.

Booster body is 3" long, and both motor tubes are 2.75" long
Sustainer Aft centering ring is 1.5" from the end of the motor tube

Booster Forward centering ring is flush with the forward end of the motor tube
Sustainer motor mount is installed so the aft end of the motor tube is flush with the aft end of the sustainer body. The booster motor mount is installed flushed with the aft end of the booster body.

Thanks
Billy

I contacted Rocketarium last night, and had an email this morning, it may be that I received a old kit. I'm going to send some pictures tonight.

I did an OR sim based on the data you supplied along with the info referenced in the build thread you linked to.

1. Only one engine block is used.
  2. Aft tube coupler is installed 1.25" into the Booster section.
  3. #3 CR is mounted inside the aft tube coupler, 0.25" from the back end of the coupler.

Attachments

• Sorta Daedalus.ork
    107 KB · Views: 40
Thanks, that was kind of what I was figuring that what I would need to do based on the instructions/materials I received, but I did hear from Rocketarium via there web page support and will see if they I have anything different to say. Before I went off script I figured I at least phone a friend.

Thanks Again,
Billy

Back