• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

xx Rocket Vision Mach Buster Scratch Parts

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patelldp

Reaction score
Ever want to scratch build a Rocket Vision Mach Buster? Here's your starting point.

I have two sets of parts to get you started. One phenolic body tube, one 3D printed cone, one motor mount, and one 6' length of Kevlar shock cord per "kit." Just add fins and a streamer and you're in business. These tubes and cones will take whatever you can throw at them.

Price is $13 shipped for one (PayPal friends and family) or $23 for both. I'll even toss in enough 1/16" G10 for fins if you buy both.

Thanks!

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1490662070.392018.jpg

Last edited:
Sold. Quickly.

More of these can be made if this is something that people are interested in. Let me know and orders can be placed to fulfill demand!!!

Very cool let me know when you make more I would buy a few . What size mounts or MD could these take

I looked it up should do that before posting yes let me know

I have official interest in 2 more at this time, if you're interested please shoot me a PM with how many you would like so that I can order the appropriate amount of tubing.

Thanks!

Yes I would do that have not cut fiberglass fins . Thinking of doing a two stage but let's see how single does

Yes I would do that have not cut fiberglass fins . Thinking of doing a two stage but let's see how single does

Not really sure how you would pull it off in a rocket of this size without electronics, but more power to you!

This tubing can take literally any 24mm motor that can fit. I'll see about getting some fin sets cut.

Thinking of using a quark and mini but it's a thought . Or use BP motors and go with that

Dan- if you made a full kit (with g10 fins), I'd be in for one.

Everyone has spoken, and the overwhelming consensus is the desire for a complete kit. Be on the lookout for a parts kit to clone a Rocket Vision Mach Buster inclusive of the following:

- XX Phenolic Body Tube
- 3D Printed Ogive Nosecone with integral shock cord attachment
- 24mm Motor tube - paper
- 1/16" G10 fins

You'll be responsible for supplying your preferred launch guidance method and recovery components. The airframe can handle literally any 24mm motor you can throw at it.

Tentative price point is $20 per kit plus shipping.

I will buy 3 full kits. Heck make it 5 with that price.

Chuck

This could take 29mm and go MD and he can sell more of his cases

This could take 29mm and go MD and he can sell more of his cases

Nope, the body tube is actually the same dimensions as my 29mm case material, meaning it will slip inside of a 29mm motor tube.

OK I looked at the rocket reviews but have not gotten into a sim yet .looks to be fun . Maybe you will have some ready and I build one for our next launch

Wow, pretty overwhelming response. I will be placing orders for raw materials this week with the hopes of being ready to ship next week. The printer is cranking around the clock to meet the demand!

Looks like there's 13-15 accounted for. First run will be 16 kits.

Neener neener, everybody line up behind me! Mwuahaha. *ahem*

But SRSLY, this should be a fun little flyer.

Neener neener, everybody line up behind me! Mwuahaha. *ahem*

But SRSLY, this should be a fun little flyer.

You have to cut your own fins ;-)

Printer is working away, the first four cones are yellow and the rest will be blue.

Now we're cooking. All that is left is to cut fin sets!

I'll be reaching out to those interested in order of interest. First run is 20 kits, of which I plan to keep one!

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1490917080.774289.jpg

Back