• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

xx Rocket Vision Mach Buster Scratch Parts

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan- when do you want money?

Also, there are no centering rings in these right? Just motor mount inside of body tube?

Hey guys - busy weekend so I didn't get to the fins yet, but I did get everything I need to finish up...except time.

dhbarr is correct, the ID of the phenolic is 1.00" and BT-50 is a slip fit inside. There's a tolerance on the OD of the paper and the ID of the phenolic that occasionally results in an interference fit that requires a slight peel of the BT-50. No biggie as the tube is only there as an "adapter" for the 24mm motors. I plan to leave it out on mine so it will accept my Kosdon 1.0-35 for E40F's.

I'll be sending PM's in order of reservations when I am ready to ship, and I have more boxes on the way. I don't believe in taking money before I have a product ready to ship.

A message was sent to the first people who raised their hands and accounted for the 20 count first run. I have commissioned CNC cutting for the fins and will have enough for an additional 26 kits. I receive the fins on April 29th.

I will post in the vendors section once I have the next run of kits complete and ready to ship. Thanks for everyone's interest, and I am extremely pleased that Mach Busters will be plentiful very soon!

Is anyone crazy enough to build a 2 stager of these? :)

It would be very difficult to do. Estes-style "whoosh-bang" staging with BP motors would be a high flight but pretty boring compared to a single stage G motor flight. Composite staging with electronics would require a VERY intricate nose cone or interstage with tiny electronics and a very dense e-bay. You could make it longer to alleviate some concerns, but then you're talking custom order.

I Have ran a sim for this BP . Yes build something that will not be recovered. It's a cool sim but will not do it .may be a 29mm up scale, that's possible

I have never bought anything from Dan. Got two rocket vision mach buster clones with some extras . Wow the work he put into them . And a note in the box great vendor I will buy from him again even if his price is more than some one else. But don't think that will happen . Thanks Chris

So what are people going to use on these? Rail buttons? Some sort of mini tower launcher or fly away guide?

I have never bought anything from Dan. Got two rocket vision mach buster clones with some extras . Wow the work he put into them . And a note in the box great vendor I will buy from him again even if his price is more than some one else. But don't think that will happen . Thanks Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the kind words, and thank you for your patience while I had the fins made. Happy to have you as a customer!

Got mine today. Man I love these. I had a couple of the old Rocketvision kits and I have always wanted more. Thanks for the opportunity Dan. Good stuff.

Got mine today. Man I love these. I had a couple of the old Rocketvision kits and I have always wanted more. Thanks for the opportunity Dan. Good stuff.

Thanks for the feedback, hope you enjoy flying them!

Are you all seeking an ever-so-slightly upscaled Mach Buster that flies on 29mm motors? The original (and my clone offering) has a 1.125" OD, which is the same as a 29mm motor or coupler. I can investigate sourcing 1.125" ID tubing to use for a slightly upscaled Mach Buster.

Parts are on order for 9 kits, will take me at least a week to print/cut all necessary parts.

PM with interest.

Back