• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Rocket Vision Chariot Dimensions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patelldp

Reaction score
I am investigating the possibility of offering a limited run of Rocket Vision Chariot parts kits. Before I make the call I need to know the following:

• Nose Cone Length (exposed)
  • Transition Length (exposed)
    [*]"Strap On Booster" tube length - FOUND
    [*]"Strap On Booster" Cone length - FOUND

A good amount of the necessary information can be found here: https://archive.rocketreviews.com/reviews/all/oop_rv_chariot.shtml

The first person to provide it will get a $10 discount if/when I offer them up.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
They were cool designs. I plan to investigate the Chariot and will stop providing clone kits of their designs to move on to something else.

The Chariot is shaping up to be pretty pricey. Is anyone interested in such a kit?

I might be interested. I would love to see a 29 or 38mm mach buster.

Hi Dan,

Last year I got a built Chariot on ebay, I think from the wife of the Rocket Vision owner. She had never painted it or flown it and one fin had come off.
I still need to clean it up and re-attach the fin, if you still want these dimensions:
the nose cone length exposed is 5-3/4".
the transition length exposed is 2-3/8"
I have slightly different dimensions for the fins from the review you linked, if you want them too.
I will try to attach photos below. I could understand this being expensive to clone with all the 3D work for the cones, transition, etc.

For future kits, I would actually prefer some more simple designs that would be cool to get with the heavy duty 'machbuster' materials that could stand up to some sledge hammer motor flights:

1. A Nike Smoke kit: if you could 3d print the cone, I think it would be very cool.
2. Something like the estes Sprint, 3d print a long ogive cone, and elliptical FG fins, would not need a boat tail, as that would limit motor dimensions.
3. Something with a diameter that a chute release could fit in, would help with recovery....:)

Craig

I am investigating the possibility of offering a limited run of Rocket Vision Chariot parts kits. Before I make the call I need to know the following:

A good amount of the necessary information can be found here: https://archive.rocketreviews.com/reviews/all/oop_rv_chariot.shtml

Thanks for the help!

Chariot 1.JPG

Chariot 2.JPG

I have an unbuilt Chariot kit and I have the same dimensions as provided by Craig for the nose cone length exposed = 5-3/4" and the transition length exposed = 2-3/8". If you need, I can scan the fin pattern, decals, and instructions and send to you.

Greg

Thanks for the help!

chariot-kit.jpg

Hi Dan,

Last year I got a built Chariot on ebay, I think from the wife of the Rocket Vision owner. She had never painted it or flown it and one fin had come off.
I still need to clean it up and re-attach the fin, if you still want these dimensions:
the nose cone length exposed is 5-3/4".
the transition length exposed is 2-3/8"
I have slightly different dimensions for the fins from the review you linked, if you want them too.
I will try to attach photos below. I could understand this being expensive to clone with all the 3D work for the cones, transition, etc.

For future kits, I would actually prefer some more simple designs that would be cool to get with the heavy duty 'machbuster' materials that could stand up to some sledge hammer motor flights:

1. A Nike Smoke kit: if you could 3d print the cone, I think it would be very cool.
2. Something like the estes Sprint, 3d print a long ogive cone, and elliptical FG fins, would not need a boat tail, as that would limit motor dimensions.
3. Something with a diameter that a chute release could fit in, would help with recovery....:)

Craig

Looks like we have a winner, $10 off a Chariot! I'd appreciate it if you took dimensions of the fins you have. I gotta say, the fins are huge for this rocket.

A few design features that I am considering for the Chariot:

• Slightly upscaling the faux strap-on boosters from 0.945" OD to 1.125" OD to match the main body. This would permit the builder to make it a 3x 24mm cluster and ironically keep the cost down some.
  • Developing a "builder's choice" transition. This involves a through hole to permit the flier to use the payload tube as the recovery compartment if they wish, or installing a provided bulkhead to build it "stock." This will help with the recovery room problems you mentioned and would certainly accept a chute release.
  • Because of the height of the cone I will have to print the exposed section as one piece and the shoulder as a second. This isn't a bad thing because it allows me to make it a compartment sealed from the payload. Add some threads and you have a very easy tracker bay!

Regarding your other design requests, a Nike Smoke would be doable with the 1.125" OD tubing. I'm small time, so if I develop something I want to make sure it has some legs and my understanding is that scale kits struggle to sell sometimes. I'll think about it. Regarding the Sprint-esque design...probably not unless I hear an overwhelming outcry of demand. Other diameters (aside from the Chariot's payload tube) will have to wait, possibly an eternity, unless I can start CNC'ing flat stock in-house.

Thanks so much for the input and information!

I have an unbuilt Chariot kit and I have the same dimensions as provided by Craig for the nose cone length exposed = 5-3/4" and the transition length exposed = 2-3/8". If you need, I can scan the fin pattern, decals, and instructions and send to you.

Greg

Okay, now THAT'S cool! Yours is a little different than Craig in that it appears the outboards are virgin BT-50. I could do that for even less cost than making the outboards the same 1.125" phenolic as the main tube. I love the note on the cones...no tape will be required on my clone parts!

Please scan and post anything that you have to share with the masses. I'm really only doing this because I have the ability to clone the hard to get components quite easily with my 3D printer and CAD ability (anyone can do it). I don't own any of the long-expired IP and would love for everyone to have access should they wish to go it alone!

Back