• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Rocket Track GPS - 2 TX and 1 RX

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caveman

Reaction score
I bought these a while ago and never actually flew them. I build up the mini TX with a new wire antenna radio and it works great. The larger is a full size version 1.1, works as well. I never managed to get the gps tracking to read on my Linux computer so I'm letting them go. These are meant to be used with the Digi XTCU software for configuration (works perfectly) but never got them communicate with any Linux gps software (I am a Linux noobie, so no surprise there). Maybe Windows is better for this application?

These are 250mW 900Mhz radios and you don't need a HAM license to operate them. Supposedly and 28 mile LOS range.

Includes a few new antennae, one long, one mid size, and a short 2" for those tight fits (not shown), and a usb cable.

Asking $150 shipped for all three. I do have a small lipo but don't like shipping them.

Thank You
Brian

IMG_6371.JPG

IMG_6372.JPG

Last edited:
What frequency or is the frequency programmable? If they are programmable NMEA trackers on the 900Mhz band an EggFinder LCD receiver might work with these. Kurt

You can feed the RX's data into the serial port instead of the Hope RF radio, and it should work fine. Just make sure they're all at 9600/8/N/1.

These are 902 Mhz to 928 MHz according to the Digikey website, but are not programmable as far as I know. The full size TX is soldered directly to the board. The mini and the receiver both have pins and the radios are removable, so if you have another receiver, you can build another mini for pretty cheap. I bought this partially setup for 105, then added 70 dollars to complete the mini and antennae.

Thank You
Brian

Last edited:
For reference, the one on the right is the receiver, plugged in via mini usb. Then ones on the left are the full size TX and the mini.

Price lowered to $130 shipped for all three of these! Somebody grab them today. We need the funds for Boy Scout backpacking gear for my son.

Thank You
Brian

Back