rocket theme?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rex R

LV2
Reaction score
idle curiosity, has anyone built a 'manga der red max' or a manga Wildman?
Rex

I've set aside an MDRM, Ventris, Partizon, and Argent for a Cowboy Bebop Quartet.….. someday.

Does that count?

Last edited:
I've set aside an MDRM, Ventris, Partizon, and Argent for a Cowboy Bebop Quartet.….. someday.

Neat! Are you doing the characters or the ships?

MDRM = Jet
Partizon = Spike?
Ventris = Faye
Argent = Ed?​

Or are Spike & Ed reversed? What about Ein? :)

If you include anime, there's KenECoyote's G-Force scheme inspired by Gatchman, and I've seen a Gundam-themed rocket as well as a Macross-themed rocket posted elsewhere, I believe by user Apollo Leader.

Here're some schemes that I came up with but haven't implemented yet:
0806_alpha_III_vf1j_milia.gif

0806_alpha_III_vf1s_001.gif

You could do a MDRM as a Macross VF-1S (Hikaru, in red) or a VF-1A/VF-1S (Max, in blue; a "Blue Max"?). Skull squadron already has the Jolly Roger skull & crossbones:
arcvf1hik1.jpg
2011-08-29+14_15_50.jpg

Did you have anything in mind? :)

for some reason I got the name 'Sailor Moon mutt' implanted in my mind...:).
Rex

I am SO stealing this!!!

MDRM = Jet
Partizon = Spike?
Ventris = Faye
Argent = Ed?​

If you include anime, there's KenECoyote's G-Force scheme inspired by Gatchman, and I've seen a Gundam-themed rocket as well as a Macross-themed rocket posted elsewhere, I believe by user Apollo Leader.

Here're some schemes that I came up with but haven't implemented yet:
0806_alpha_III_vf1j_milia.gif

0806_alpha_III_vf1s_001.gif

You could do a MDRM as a Macross VF-1S (Hikaru, in red) or a VF-1A/VF-1S (Max, in blue; a "Blue Max"?). Skull squadron already has the Jolly Roger skull & crossbones:
arcvf1hik1.jpg
2011-08-29+14_15_50.jpg

Did you have anything in mind? :)

MDRM = Jet
Partizon = Spike?
Ventris = Faye
Argent = Ed?​

Got it in one shot. That gives me hope that the theme makes sense to the very tiny group of people who are familiar with both MPR and Anime.
Nice! If Argent=Ed, could you use the shorter Sahara for Ein since the kits have the same body type? :)

I am SO stealing this!!!
Chances are that I'll work on a viper first before I get to this but I'd love to see it. Please post pics! :)

for some reason I got the name 'Sailor Moon mutt' implanted in my mind...:).
Rex
Hmm, I'm not up on my Sailor Scout/soldier lore. So, decals of the Sailor Scouts, dogs in Sailor Scout uniforms, paint scheme inspired by them or the planetary/celestial theme, or something else? Can you make the rocket "transform"? :)

I forgot, do the Hello Kitty Pink Max's count?

And there's also the Angel Birds (Blue Angels/Thunderbirds) variant that's supposed to look like a Japanese school girl outfit. Have fun!
ymt00212_3.jpg

Back