Rocket T. Coyote's Den of Disaster

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketT.Coyote

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all. I was Sportscaleguy before the forum crashed. I'm starting this thread to post some of my model rocketry-related comics and other items. Enjoy!

XmasCoyote.jpg

That's me with an Aerotech IQSY Tomahawk (non-flightworthy) in a local Christmas parade. You can bet your boosters I looked both ways when crossing RR tracks.

Here's my comic strip tribute for the Apollo 7 40th Anniversary:
RTC9b.jpg

And for the Apollo 8 40th Anniversary:
RTC10.jpg

Last edited:
Those are really nice strips, RTC. I like the style of your drawing. Do you have them published somewhere?

Mark \\.

Those bring a smile to my face. Very nice style you have there- especially how well you tell a story with very few words and pictures, yet get your point across. Quite a skill.

A lifetime of self-taught work, and like many model rocketeers, these events were taken to heart. Enough whimpering. Here's a shot of me in my first parade, which was pirate-themed, but I always carry a modroc. Arrr!

CaroParade08b.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a photo of an early LEM mockup. That's Gordon Cooper on the porch with Charles "Pete" Conrad inside the cabin. IIRC this same mockup was used in a movie whose name escapes me.
LEM.jpg

Here's a photo of an early LEM mockup. That's Gordon Cooper on the porch with Charles "Pete" Conrad inside the cabin. IIRC this same mockup was used in a movie whose name escapes me.
LEM.jpg

Would the name of the movie be Countdown?
It starred James Caan and Robert Duvall.

That sounds like it. Remembers the lander being a composite of a Gemini capsule and mini-LM descent stage. Definitely a one-way ticket ride to the lunar surface, as long as you landed in a relatively clear area. :cool:

Last edited:
Was that you that had the unpleasant looking altercation with the red cat? It looks like they sent bouncers after you... :D

Gawd, I hope not. There was a huge pink anime cat at the con, but I think she'd bounce a bit.

Maybe you're referring to that bothersome lion (Naburu--I think). Lucky Dog (red like Clifford) and Wildfox (in Lions NFL jersey) both dogpiled on him. I pretty much got on well with the crowd. They said Awww! when I was called out.
When not playing games, I wandered about the con with my non-flightworthy 1:5 scale IQSY Tomahawk generating interest. I was helping to promote the hobby and my character proved to be a great fit.

TeamYellow.jpg

I wear a cool vest and a Cryopak ice pack in the head. Also limit the time in suit on hot days. Anyway, here's another comic:
rtc16.jpg

Last edited:
Last month I made a number of appearances during the CAP Great Lakes Region Summer Encampment as the model rocketry course mascot. The event took place the very week of the Apollo 11 mission's 40th anniversary. I did my best to mark the occassion. Here I am during the cadet graduation party at week's end.
The rocket is a wrecked Aerotech HV ARCAS which I did "Air Guitar" with. Strummed the fins off that beast.

RT Coyote MRE.jpg

Back