Rocket Storage!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying_silverad

Reaction score
I have all of these rockets that are piling up in the basement and am running out of room for them. Hw does everyone store his/her rockets?

Hang 'em from the ceiling. This irritates the heck out of my wife ;)

box for all my little rockets, as for big ones, I stuff them in the corner of my room, or hang them from the pipes in the basement

I just put them in random places in the house, mainly cramming them in the corner of my packed hobby room.

I use, peg boards, shelfs, hooks in closets, old gun cabinets, and old trophy cases. You can see photos of all of this at
https://members.cox.net/shortckt4/main.htm click on "Photos of Rocket Room (Caution Mess ahead)". I am fortunate enough to have taken over one room of the house for rockets!

Happy Flying!

Vote #2 for "hang from ceiling".:D

Also on the walls of your basement with pegboards. That works well. Then put a long folding table in your basement, and store rockets in boxes below it, store rockets in boxes on top of it, store small rockets loose between the bottom of the table and the top of the boxes sitting on the floor, and store more loose rockets on top of the boxes on top! But make sure you have the bottom boxes on pallets so they dont get wet if the basment floor floods:eek: plastic bins work best for the floor-level storage:D

Sooner or later you will have to buy an old Home Depot warehouse.....:D

plastic totes but i pack them in dog barf wadding no warping and its handy to grab motors and go wadding already there

Mine are hung from the ceiling, but I am running out of room, so some are sitting on the floor. I might have to try out that wine rack idea.

Put up those adj shelfs in an unused bedroom if you have one & they will fit many sizes rockets! I have a bedroom thats now a rocket room, the guys think it looks real cool!
No, I am not married!!!!!

Originally posted by flying_silverad
I have all of these rockets that are piling up in the basement and am running out of room for them. Hw does everyone store his/her rockets?

Store? I haven't decided yet. I've been too busy building them.
Yesterday I started a Black Brant. The paint's drying now, so I've started a Kappa-9-M. Luckily we have a full basement that's not being used for anything else.

Of course, my wife's Flying Lamp resides in the living room.

Originally posted by not a lib
Put up those adj shelfs in an unused bedroom if you have one & they will fit many sizes rockets! I have a bedroom thats now a rocket room, the guys think it looks real cool!
No, I am not married!!!!!

Any Pics???:D

A ex-ammo box (XL) , for estes,quest,ect. For bigger rockets (24mm) , Spent motor casing attached to CD'S (AOL ;) ) . Then Shelves for 29mm/38mm rockets ect.
-Karl

Putting bigger motors in is my second-fauvorite. My first-fauvorite if its someone elses rocket....:D :D :D :D ;)

I've been able to squeeze all my low power rockets into an old china cabinet that I ripped the shelves out of to make room for tall rockets, hence Rocket Cabinet. A couple of short High Power rockets also are squeezed into it. The rest of my High Power fleet stands in a dead area behind the monitor on my large desk, I call that my "Rocket Garden" but I'm running out of room quick. Soon I'll start hanging the larger ones horizontally high up in dead wall space. Naturally the easiest way to dust the models that are not behind glass is to fly them! I hate dusting. :mad:

If dusting rockets means flying em, wouldent we LIKE dusting them?:D :D

I live on my own, so I'm lucky enough to be able to store rockets in every corner, of every room (except the bathroom - I don't think my rockets would stand up to the excess moisture).

for lpr i have a buncha nails stuck in some 1X3 that goes around the top of my work area, i usually put a used mottor in the model back wards to protect the mmt, and just stick it on the nail... keeps em out of the way and easily accesible. for larger birds i hang them from the wall/celling... i have problems transporting them to/from the launch site tho, usually they get broken more in transport than launching :rolleyes:

Just made this rack this week end for my bigger birds $15.00 worth of 1/2 PVC pipe:p

We bought a house that we are completey remodeling we tore every thing out to the studs but on the property there is a second small house that will be for rocket construction and storage Any cool names that I could name the house?

Originally posted by Bowhunter
Any cool names that I could name the house?

Peenemunde?
Skunkworks?
The Silo...I like that one!

Santa's Workshop

It would be really fun to have it all cutesy decorated with reindeer and stuff then when the kids come round Xmas launch a big rocket off the top!

Frodo can you PM me a parts list for that rack?

Lol Skunkworks is good! :D

I have 3 shelves on my bedroom wall for rockets, with stands made out of burn motors glued to AOL cd's. I cant put em anywhere else...

Phil

Back