Rocket Storage!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why have a gone to MicroMaxx rockets? I can store 100 models plus equipment in one roll around Tool box.
I have a least one model in every room of my townhouse except the Bathroom and kitchen. Most or the collection are housed in a 10' x 10' x12' shed in the back yard here a quick look around the Rocket and equipment shed:D

Micromister , you have so many rockets theres NO space to put them! So how active are our work benches/kitchen table ect then?
-Karl

Karl:
That is the very nice thing about Micro-Maxx models..They take up very little room! I have almost 100 models in one 14" x 36" x 20" roll around tool box:D
Normally McCoy's Micro Wonder Works has at least 4 or 5 Micro-Projects working on one table and one or two Standard or LMR on another. I say normally as this past month has been very unproductive Model wise, while I deal with some family estate matters I've been putting off for way to long:( So today, Just sitting on the benches are Micro Works, Scale: Navaho, X-10 X-7, PMC Patriot w/ mobile launcher, Downscales: Trident,and Scissor-Wing Transport On the big bench, Scale 1:26th Boeing Bomarc-b gliding type, and a 1 : 8.888 Boeing Bomarc BT-101 size possibly RC/BG;)

These may have to sit for another 3 to 5 weeks but rest assured the machinery will strat up just as soon as I can:D

Heres a quick look around the basement front Rocket works.

:eek: Now thats LOADED with rockets ! It's like a model shop in there! Wish my work bench was that tidy!
-Karl

Originally posted by Bowhunter
Any cool names that I could name the house?

The Cape
The Blockhouse
The Blokhaus
Ground Zero
any number of sounding rocket facilities
any number of ICBM facilities
Arthur [20 points to anyone who gets this Beatles reference]
1127 [e.g. NFPA]

Originally posted by gothique_97
The Cape
The Blockhouse
The Blokhaus
Ground Zero
any number of sounding rocket facilities
any number of ICBM facilities
Arthur [20 points to anyone who gets this Beatles reference]
1127 [e.g. NFPA]

I don't get the Beatles reference, I took it as a Christopher Cross reference, since it seems that many times, Bowhunter is caught between The Moon and New York City...:D

Originally posted by Loopy
Peenemunde?
Skunkworks?
The Silo...I like that one!

I think it's funny you should mention those 3 all together... Andy Woerner's company has been related to all 3 of those! First, they were known as Peenemunde West. Then, in February 2003, they changed their name to Skunkworks. A semi-local company called Rocket Silo went out of business and sold much of their inventory to Andy's store, so thus his relation to that name.

And for those who haven't heard, Skunk Works Rocketry is now known as Polecat Aerospace. Apparently there were some problems with the Skunk Works name.

WW

Originally posted by Loopy
I don't get the Beatles reference...

In the movie Hard Day's Night, George was asked what he calls his haircut, and he replied, very deadpan, "Arthur".

I just got the perfect "rocket storage"..... It also is a great way to transport the rocket to any launch site........ The ONLY problem is it's going to run me about $3000 total........ (I have $2850 into it right now)

Here's the business end......... (Now I need to start adding the shelves and racks)

Looks nice and new and shiny... now go and get it dirty somewhere!

But seriously, watch out for how hot it's going to get in there, since some of your birds may sag/bend/warp in the heat as the glues and/or tubes soften. Also, I'd recommend against storing motors in there, too, unless you rig up an automated air conditioning system and a power supply. At which point, you should attach a motor, a steering wheel, a few beds, a shower... waitaminute... now you've got a motorhome...

WW

Originally posted by wwattles
watch out for how hot it's going to get in there, since some of your birds may sag/bend/warp in the heat as the glues and/or tubes soften. Also, I'd recommend against storing motors in there

Yes, you are right..... I plan to build a shelter (like a carport) in which I will park the trailer under between launches. And again you are right about motors....... They will only be loaded into the trailer the morning of the launch.........

Back