Rocket Saturn X

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaturnV

Reaction score
[video=youtube;rNrCWEhuagk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNrCWEhuagk[/video]
little over 160 N.S.Maybe 200-250.

[video=youtube;iGWr_HBYTFo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGWr_HBYTFo[/video]
[video=youtube;AtUimMHhJr0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtUimMHhJr0[/video]
Saturn X 2 flight. Do not get particularly good flight probably because fuel was recovered but the rocket is absolutely healthy and ready for the next flight.

I have an idea to make Saturn X two-stage rocket. More precisely hang me an aluminum tube for 1- stage booster, fins and even got 2 pairs of rocketss dismantled bored me have too.Naturally without any electronics with chinese green fuses of fireworks as timers :)3D printed parts, bord computers.. it does not make the rocket fly better simply allows a person to make a large and complex rocket without straining your brain :) Otherwise, more serious as the rocket have no system of control and regulation thrust vector can quite easily go with simple timers.Аnd even be safer if wicks duplicated as do recently and no problems opening the parachute.Do not think that I hate computers and 3D printers, I'm just a programmer by education and thus to do at home than at work I do not want :)Chinese rocket (Chinese invented rocket on solid fuel), Chinese wick, Chinese camera maybe these aluminum tubes of Chinese printers are :)Just me, epoxy , potassium nitrate and sugar are not Chinese :) :)It even has the Chinese screwdriver. With an American flag handle :) Saturn X in chineze is 土星十.If google translator is not confused.

Last edited:
Although I'm ready with the booster will not succeed until tomorrow. And the wind is ideal for launch So that tomorrow 3 flight as one-stage and on Wednesday the wind will good again -as 2-stage.From Sunday to Tuesday the wind will be strong.

[video=youtube;7mwvGyDQa5w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mwvGyDQa5w[/video]
Perfect flight and incredible stupidity in one. I forgot to turn recovery system to the battery. Damage by rocket are insignificant.
As there will be no flight without Onboard camera, so there will be no more flight without checklist.

Last edited:
0_17c48f_19bbb0e0_L.jpg

0_17c490_2dd702f8_L.jpg

0_17c491_67c2a6f9_L.jpg

Booster and fins. The engine will be the body of the rocket. Because I invented technology for directly attaching the fins on it and is safe and healthy :) It remains only to gloss epoxy.Tube booster is a little thick but of pure aluminum could be thinned and become lighter but will not be as strong.Otherwise, in more detail. The fins are glued to the tube with Loctite or similar fast glue. Then glued with epoxy and cement. Once hardened resin drilled holes and pass this very strong thread that use for ropes parachutes.And above epoxy.

Last edited:
I decided not to rush and do everything well. The engine will have 4 grains to have a uniform and brief strong thrust. Accordingly, its specific impulse is at least 100 seconds, which means at least 350-400 N.S. at 1 stage. The idea is second stage to rise well above the clouds and shooting them from above.I know the risks, the rocket can fly a crooked especially second stage. A risk to lose the second stage under normal flight also is huge.
I wish also to fly higher than this:
[video=youtube;_R-SdHBt9Ms]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R-SdHBt9Ms[/video]
for 1000 times less money :)
But I will leave that heavy booster and buy a hand pump for $ 2 which will be engine without nozzle and the rocket will fly higher.We will see.

Last edited:
I think I'll give up this hard and working under high pressure booster. A simple aluminum tube from chinese hand pump for $ 2 with a length of 40 cm and a diameter of 4 cm will give the same 400+N.S. And much more smoke:) But should stick again fins. But no grains and nozzle and fill with fuel for 30 minutes.What are silent as a fish is not ready rоcket bought from the store and made 1.5 million times, fabricate it into the now and is unique:)If you uninteresting say not trying to write more :)

Last edited:
O forgot that you are on the opposite side of the earth and maybe sleep.The rockett will be with this booster. It says should be done. This is SaturnV in all his other numerous shortcomings as a huge ego, etc.
The part where will parachute and ejection charge to it on the booster.Epoxy, cement and one master and invented complex instruments:)
20160822_174807.jpg20160822_181429.jpg20160822_182518.jpg20160822_182624.jpg

Here around me within a radius of at least 200 km nobody is dealing with rockets. I do not understand these people. Wait until the resin to harden'll take the second stage. It will not be Saturn X wil be Saturn XI its lighter and flying at least a kilometer kilometer and 200 meters. With booster another 5-600 meters.
if I'm lucky we fly above the clouds :)

I'm almost ready with booster.PVC tube bandaged with tape drywall and smeared with Epoxy. To withstand ejection powerful charge for boosters parachute. Clamp with scotch which is then removed.
Tomorrow I will load fuel and make nozzle. The fins have left bigger so I am ready and calculate the rocket to be able to cut them.Here are the tube of Saturn XI where the ejection charge of the parachute and parachute itself. Since I gave out the wick has a lot of space:)At Saturn XI (sekond stage of rocket) nothing to improve. Fuel - mass of the rocket is 50 to 50. The engine can not withstand stronger fuel from sugar. Buster however, this thick pipe can withstand a nuclear blast ie future potential fuel based on ammonium perchlorate :)
20160822_222802.jpg20160822_223622.jpg20160822_233255.jpg20160822_235350.jpg

Last edited:
There will be no electronics. Only timers with green wicks of fireworks. Kindle at launch with 2 buttons. The first - the wick engine of the second stage (will burn about 5 seconds) wicks of parachutes on the first and second stage (two for each parachute). The second button starts the engine of the first stage.The wicks are lit by wire wound on them by the heater. Power source is a battery of car.
Actually electronics will be. A chinese onboard camera suffered two strokes in the ground and not very sure to shoot something because sometimes filming sometimes not :)
Lack of electronics compensate with healthy bodies and healthy parachutes. Able to save rocket and boosters at any speed. If anyone remembered to connect cables to the wicks :)Time to trigger the parachute for sekond stage was shortly after the supposed apogee.Although longer and is provided that is at least 50 meters before the ground would be sufficient :) Booster parachute - 10 seconds after launch and 5 after the release of the second stage.The parachute of second stage 20 seconds after launch.

Last edited:
Sounds dangerous but then I do not fully understand your English! Good luck & be safe with this one :)

Sounds dangerous but then I do not fully understand your English! Good luck & be safe with this one :)

English is not my on google translator is it. I did not know English but as I write here already seeing some of the mistakes of google translator and fix them. There is nothing more dangerous than your(Not just yours, talk in general) rockets. It is not that I have not seen large rockets at more than 200 pounds of unopened parachute due to an error in electronics. My system is so reliable that it works even when the rocket fell (for some reason) and stuck in the ground.Duplicated ignition system of charges of parachutes. The second stage was tested in 4 flights if I'm not mistaken. Otherwise, the work goes slowly.In my criteria :) Оn your running super fast :)I hope Saturday to be flight.For no other reason but because the wind will be only 1.5 m / s or 5ft per second.
It turned out that I have surpassed myself with buster. Expected altitude over 1600 , 2000 meters or about 7000ft.if all goes successfully and find all stages next flight will be on a three-stage rocket over 10,000 feet. It is high time to start seriously deal with engines of liquid fuel and leave these toys :)

Last edited:
Something to consider is the fuse burn rate. Will it burn faster when the rocket is flying through the air and potentially feeding it more oxygen? I'm not very knowledgeable about fuses and factors that affect their burn rate.

You do not think I let the fuse outside of the rocket as a neanderthal and light? :) No, the wick is wrapped with thin copper wire (to not fall apart by acceleration). It is placed in a non-combustible pipe. In recent flights reacts exactly to 100% .And the two fuse see that burned. Just in last flight a fool (I) forgot to connect 2 cables :)Like if there were electronics forget to connect the board computer with battery :)Or igniter for chute forgot to conect to board computer.Nonsense which I do not concede more. Because there will be chekllist!
P.s..
I've done electronic timers. Compared to the wick they are heavy, and once experienced a crash because the timer worked but igniter not ignite the ejection charge.I do not want to oppose an electronic timer and fuse. When they have done well both work good.

Last edited:
Because I do not have access to the section on engines here the engine parameters :
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Here are the forms of grains. I hate grains. But are necessary for flat graphics of thrust.Perfect were received from tubes which are wound strings for parachutes.With slave work and toll.Now should be smeared with epoxy and filled with fuel.Some other dumb operations that can be done every simple worker better than genial designer of rocket engines :)if we ever meet aliens, maybe not at all resemble humans but will be equipped with fingers. Not necessarily the 5 by hand.
20160824_195710.jpg20160824_195730.jpg

Because are too long they had to be cut. Pretty simple operation but apparently not. In this I was convinced after I ruined one form. Bandaged with tape and then cut with this sophisticated tool :)
20160824_204047.jpg

Read here for 15 minutes epoxy 30 minutes. I do not have such. I have 24 hours at 20 degrees Celsius. However, 50 degrees in the oven and my going 30-minutes epoxy :) I can make it 3 minutes at 150 degrees but is not recommended :)
20160824_210857[1].jpg

Yep, I hate grains and grains hate me too:)Мore curves have not seen:)
20160825_005203.jpg20160825_005227.jpg
I have a question to the experts. In such an arrangement there is any possibility other than zero no CATO?
22.jpg

Experts them sleep or too lazy to write two lines. Obviously I need to do new grains as advanced technology. Will drill one shallow hole and so the stick will aim right in the middle.So even if there no CATO can be attached cable that ignites the engine and clog the nozzle.And then there will be 100% CATO.Another option is to expand the holes with a drill. But I'll lose fuel and trust.Trust not but impulse 100%.Calculation gives more than 400 grams of fuel, but actually these grains weigh only 300 grams.Clearly the density of the fuel is less than the theoretical.Even the difference is not only 100 grams and 186 grams goals! Theoretically 486 g, 300 real :)Or something wrong I have measured or density of the fuel is much smaller. Probably both :)The idea of booster without nozzle appears again with great force. Much safer, the same or greater trust and much easier to manufacture.Тhis is ridiculous such a big booster weighing with fins almost one kilogram and only 300 grams of fuel. A booster without nozzle weigh 300-400 grams, at least 800 grams of fuel even at 50 s specific impulse., and it in large engines is at least 60s is obtained with larger full impulse at the same or even less weight. And the engine is 100 times safer.

Last edited:
If anything I learned dealing with rockets a year and three months it is that if you have any doubts they definitely happen. This booster is heavy also back where it holds the nozzle've tried terrifying curves holes. I doubt that the pressure may be off the pipe.This can lead to the flight of the first stage under unknown angle. And then the second stage can be obtained by firing a rocket air-ground :) This booster is unhappy and will not fly. I'll do booster without nozzle. The entire rocket will have engines without nozzle and is completely safe :)
I will have a new camera. Old will put on booster, the new on second stage.Hopefully not know my wife :) Will be infinitely stupid in good flight not have onboard video. Of land especially the second stage will not be able to shoot with camera.At least for me no greater disappointment than good flight without оnboard video. I do not care if the engine blows up or not find the rocket. But good flight without onboard video is something disgusting.

New booster for 1 stage. Only 2.88 dollars. Shipping immediately. From the city market return from work. 10 years warranty! The handle is ideal for puncturing the channel in engine of the second stage. Previous stick slightly bent. Bulgaria is a country of dreams. Safe high power rocket motor only $ 3! Even should not be painted :) Bye ,bye grains, bye , bye CATO:)
20160825_174624[1].jpg20160825_174850[1].jpge

A bit crazy idea. Actually stops me just lack of appropriate field at least 10 kilometers in diameter ... Otherwise over 10,000 feet, why not 13000:)
Untitled.jpg

You know that would never be allowed at an NAR or TRA launch in the USA, right? :wink:

Why? If the test flight is successful (1 and 2 stage never flown, 3 rd 4 times).I just interesting reason. Otherwise I think rockets are too dangerous to attend many people on starts. To become involved many people, there are cameras.Talk only generally. I really have not such a large field without people to do this test. Just occurred to me :)Otherwise, the main danger is if any of stages does not fly vertically :) if it's still the first stage .....:)If I find a large field without grass and people only have one danger to lose some of stages :)And if all goes successfully, honestly tell you I think this rоcket for quite safer than a 100-200 pound although authorized by NAR :)I've seen launches rather large rockets to Youtube and then in the US that do not open parachutes :)My safety measures are more stringent than those of NAR and TRA :) So even ask me I give up participation :)

Last edited:
You know that would never be allowed at an NAR or TRA launch in the USA, right? :wink:

True, but you must give Saturn V credit for how advanced he's getting, with what little he has to work with.

Computer program for designing grains/motors...puts him way ahead of many research fliers here.

What amazes me is how you find things, to build rockets from. Bicycle pump......good job! LOL.

I also use fuze, for timing cluster airstarts. I put mine inside of teflon tubing, to speed up the burn & light motor at top. I leave 1inch exposed for lighting motor at top. Length of motor inside tubing. Bottom of fuze out of tube, outside motor, for timing. 1st motor light fuze for 3 more. Put black powder pellet in top of motors to help light them.

In air.... burn rate of 2inch per second. In teflon tube 12 in.per second!

Light 54mm motor on ground. Fuze for 3 outside 38 motors tied under nozzle of 54.
Burn time of 54 motor 2.75 sec. I want 3 second delay to light 38's 2.75 + 3 =5.75 sec delay fuze.

My fuze: leave 2 inch fuze out of tube, under nozzle to light. 10.5 inch fuze inside teflon tube in motor.....1inch at top out of tube to blackpowder pellet. Work every time!

Done this also for parachute come out. Motor light fuze.....fuze into small bag of black powder.

I cut 12in [1 foot] of fuze light & time with watch. Repeat with fuze in tube to get my burn time of fuze.

How do you "time" your Chinese fuze?

Good work Saturn V

Back