Rocket Rotisssere"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
This is kind of cool

Very nice. I do most major painting by turning it like that. But I do it by hand on a piece of PVC sticking off the side of the porch. It definitely helps prevent runs.

Taking a quick peek, it seems that the nose cone is partially covered by an end retaining "cup". So, total painting of the nose cone is not possible.

Having said that I contemplate the following...

76.00 for gizmo....or 1.35 for dowel.....

DOWEL!:D

Originally posted by flying_silverad
Taking a quick peek, it seems that the nose cone is partially covered by an end retaining "cup". So, total painting of the nose cone is not possible.

Having said that I contemplate the following...

76.00 for gizmo....or 1.35 for dowel.....

DOWEL!:D

Looks to me like the nose cone isn't even attached to the rocket. It seems there's a cone at the front like the one going into the motor mount, and the nose must be painted separately.

That said, I'll opt for the dowel as well...

Wow 76.00!
I do exactly the same thing vertically with 13.00 windup microwave lazy susan's. Works like a dream, handles any model including clusters.
Here a group pic of 4 lazy susan's I use with the motor mount adaptors.

I see people using these for glassing, in order to keep the epoxy from running and pooling on one side of the tube. I actually COUNT on it running and pooling. That allows me to come back an hour or so after glassing to mop up all the excess that's run and pooled to one side.

That lathe looks awesome! I've glassed a few tubes that way. It works great! The only difference is mine is all wood so I can scrape off excess epoxy on it!

Latest posts

Back