• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Rocket-related books

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prfesser

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Actual postage (media mail is cheapest) is additional. PM me.

1. How to Make Amateur Rockets, 2nd ed, John Wickman. No copyright date. Includes sections on Designing a Solid Rocket Motor, Making a Motor and Testing It, Designing and Building Your Rocket, and others. I didn't count the pages, they're numbered according to sections rather than just sequentially, but for reference it's about half an inch thick. Very Good condition. $20.

2. Rocket Propellant Handbook, 1960. Dust cover is pretty ratty but the book is fine esp for being 60+ years old. Lists physical properties of many solid and liquid propellants; many properties such as thermal conductivity, viscosity, electrical conductivity, etc. are listed as a function of temperature. Yes, you can probably find much of this info on the web, but here it's all in one place. $15.

3. Practical Dispersion: A Guide to Understanding and Formulating Slurries. 1996, out of print. Very technical and it's geared toward paints, coatings, adhesives, and other industrially-important solid-liquid dispersions. Still, I found it useful in understanding some of the aspects of surfactants in propellants. Very Good to Excellent condition. $30.

Best -- Terry

EDIT: Rocket Propellant Handbook was sold.

CP Tech Amateur Rockets.jpg1652362036052.jpeg

Attachments

• 1652362016119.jpeg
    1652362016119.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sixty years ago I would often take a long walk to the public library to check out the "Rocket Propellant Handbook". It was really a fun book to thumb through. I am a little surprised a rocket chemist like you would want to part with it. Interestingly enough, Boris Kit passed away in 2018. He was 107 years old. PM sent.

The "Rocket Propellant Handbook" was a great deal. I have seen that book go for $500. Are any other books left?

I still have the "Practical Dispersion" book on surfactants and preparing slurries ($30), and Wickman's "How to Make Amateur Rockets" ($20).

Back