Rocket quilts for kids in need...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

High Desert Rocketry

Reaction score
My wife and her friends in their quilting guild make quilts for wounded veterans and kids in shelters. Because of the virus lockdowns, they have been at home making lots of quilts.

I went into her quilting room today and saw some of the 30+ quilts she made this year that she has ready for pick up. Here are the ones I would have liked getting as a kid. Perhaps someday one of these kids in need will walk on the moon or Mars if given a chance in their lives.

DSC_0009 (2).JPGDSC_0001 (2).JPGDSC_0008 (2).JPG
DSC_0002 (2).JPG
DSC_0003 (2).JPG
DSC_0004 (2).JPG
DSC_0005 (2).JPG

and this is the one she's working on now...I like them all.
Occasionally, I can get her to take a break and sew me a parachute.

DSC_0010 (2).JPG

This one went to a hospice where my father in law spent the last few weeks of life. They said they get a lot of veterans in, so they were looking for patriotic designs. I'm not much of a flag-waver, but I think everyone can get behind Apollo 11. I'd be happy to supply the pattern and the CAD stitch pattern to anyone who wants it.

IMG_1873.JPG

IMG_1877.JPG

Awesome! I quilted in my very much younger years. Never would have dreamed of such an endeavor. Many kudos to your wife!

Back