• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Rocket parts 4-Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loki Research

Motor Manufacturer
Reaction score
I'm cleaning off the shelves and would like to get rid of a few things I have saved for projects I'll probably never get to do. I've also got some odds and ends. I'll list everything in order with the asking price in two groups followed by photos.

The 1st group is my own personal stuff which I'd like paypal to my personal email address. The 2nd group are items from the business which I'd like paypal to my business email. Check or Money orders may be snail mailed to me for either group. Please send ALL purchase inquiries through email to scott (at) loki research dot (com). DO NOT send me a PM here as my box will either get full of I'll miss it /forget it. Shipping costs will be added to your purchase and will be figured once the items are boxed and ready for shipping. Please be patient with deliveries as I'll be doing this along side my normal work load. I have made every effort to accurately describe the items and their conditions but if you have any basic questions, please ask in the thread.

Thank you

GROUP #1 Personal

THIS LOT HAS BEEN SOLD- I am willing to take $100 for all the 38-98mm items below. That is $27.75 off the individual prices.
38mm x 36" PML phenolic airframe tube, $6
38mm x 3.125" PML coupler tube, $1
38mm x 8" (exposed) PML nose cone. Back end has been cut off to allow the use of internal space and a kevlar cord has been epoxied to the inside wall. $9
54mm x 36" PML phenolic airframe tube, $7
54mm x 35.1875" PML phenolic airframe tube, $7
54mm x 36" coupler tube, $7
75mm x 36" PML phenolic airframe tube, $9.50
75mm x 23.4375" PML phenolic airframe tube, has a 1/2" hole on the side about 12.25" from one end. $6
75mm x 12.625" PML phenolic airframe tube, $3.25
75mm x 36" PML coupler tube, $9.50
98mm x 46.5625" PML airframe tube, $13.50
98mm x 27.9375" Hawk Mountain filament wound fiberglass airframe tube. Has been painted and has at least 2 small vent holes at one end. $25
Two 4" x 16.75" (exposed) PML nose cones, $8/each #'s 1 & 3 in photo. Both have been painted and are well used, both have the hard point placed far into the nose to utilize the internal space.
4" x 16.25" (exposed) nose cone $8 Manufacturer unknown. Very solid plastic nose cone which has a ~2" x 1" dent which was made after a land shark record attempt but it is repairable.

There is a shorter 54mm CT and short 38mm AF tube pictured which are not included in the sale.
20140128_180800.jpg 20140128_180908.jpg

7.5" LOT SOLD
I would prefer to sell these 7.5" items together as a group for $285 but will sell individually for the following prices. These may or may not have a few small nicks on the ends of the tube. They have been through a few moves. I just want the buyer to be aware and not have any surprises.
7.5" x 48" pre-glassed phenolic PML airframe. (glassed by PML, very well done & very strong) Has 4 slots about 3/16" wide by about 7"? long. $110
7.5" x 26" pre-glassed phenolic PML airframe. Has a layer of white gelcoat for a few inches at one end. $60
7.5" x 20" pre-glassed phenolic PML airframe. $45
7.5" x 13.5"" pre-glassed phenolic PML airframe. $30
7.5" PML fiberglass nose cone, 29" exposed with a 6" shoulder, $75 It has a bulk plate and hard points mounted at the base of the shoulder. It has an excellent fit to the airframe tubes.

6" x 35" PML phenolic airframe tube $18
6" x 30" PML phenolic coupler tube $15 (I need to double check the length here. it is the tube laying at an angle in the photo.

20131120_154956.jpg 20131120_155105.jpg

GROUP #2 Business

For the scratch builder who likes something different. I have some convolute wound fiberglass tubes that were made in NEMA grade FR-4 with a medium weave fiberglass cloth. These are far superior in strength to that of filament wound tube for use as airframes as they won't delaminate in a spiral down the tube. Suffice it to say there are no nose cones that will fit these tubes, but they are incredibly strong for their size & wall thickness. They can be used as the booster section and reduced down to a standard size tube with mating nose cone. Custom size centering rings are easy to come by these days too Laundru could even 3D print you out a transition or shroud to a smaller tube size or even centering rings for the smaller tubes for mid-power use.

I will sell this lot together as a group for $100 which is $27 off the individual prices.

1.325"OD x 48.125" long, $22.50
1.325"OD x 49.25" long, $22.50
1.925"OD x 46.4375" long, $33 SOLD
1.925" OD x 48" long, $33 SOLD
1.925" OD x 13.5" long, $8 SOLD

1.925" OD x 15.375" long, $8, has a slight crease in the top layer at one end

20140128_174425.jpg 20140128_174507.jpg 20140128_174554.jpg

Last I have three 76/3600 Loki Research motor cases that are out of spec. The ID is too small for the current convolute liners as well as the old spiral phenolic liners Jeff Taylor use to sell. They were made back in 2009 in Philadelphia and the problem wasn't noticed until after they were finished, along with several other cases. Yet another reason I switched to DOM tube. I personally put masking tape at one end to identify them back in '09. These are all that are left. The last run of spiral wound liners I stocked did fit these cases, but I have been unwilling to sell them as new stock as they are not up to my high standards. Bulkheads and nozzles still fit, but the liners are literally as few thousandths of an inch too big to fit. BTW, I will personally check the fit of the closures before sending these out. I CAN NOT guarantee the fit to any liners you may have now or may purchase in the future, but for those who like to do things themselves, these might be for you. One case has a slight discoloration on the external anodizing.

SOLD
76/3600 Experimental motor, CASE ONLY $55/each

20140128_174809.jpg

Last edited:
E-mail sent on the fiberglass tubes...interested in the larger ones.

Just a heads up to anyone emailing me or waiting on a response about these items. My work computer was crashed when I got into work this morning and the computer shop is trying to get the hard drive running on a different machine and it's not looking good. Please, everyone bare with me this week. Then there's 4-6" of snow coming tonight as well. :-(

Hey Eric,

As far as I know, the groove depths are fine and withing their +/-.005" tolerance. It's one of those things that is hard to accurately measure without a specific tool, one that I don't own. They literally are a few thousandths too small on the ID. I can fit the last run of casting tubes in them but not the convolute or the old dark spiral phenolic tubes. (the ones that had more phenolic resin in them) They get stuck going in a few inches.

I do have an interested party in at least 2 of the cases, if not all 3. He is waiting on me to get back with him on some other information but I haven't been able to get out. My road/hill just got the snow bladed off about an hour ago today, so I can get out now. :) Let me see what develops with this person by Friday and I'll put you next in line for any that are still available. ;-) Thanks for asking.

Back