ROCKET LAUNCH IN PROGRESS- a forgiving design- THANKS JIM!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billeblurzz

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Back when my Mississippi Launch Team had the TOUR DE DEUCES, they did not get to participate in the LAUNCHES because of the weeklong bad weather. I told them we would try to do something with rockets later. Last week we built 9 paper rockets of the LAUNCH ROCKET IN PROGRESS! I had the 27 kids to direct in building the rockets myself....WAY TOO MANY to try to handle with hands on instruction. We divided into 9 teams of 3 kids each. Since they were studying the solar system, we decided to decorate the rockets as the 9 planets! Some paper rocket designs are quite challenging, but this one seemed doable. Even though some teams had excellent craftsmanship, some others were quite questionable as to flyability!:rolleyes: Anyway we pressed on. I was presently SURPRISED when we went to launch as ALL the teams "planets" took to the skies....some just straighter and higher than others....but NO crazy screaming mimis!!!:eek: :eek: Here are the ASTRO...NUTS????

Here is the pile of rockets after a successful afternoon of launching with the pile of SPENT motors! ALL are able to FLY AGAIN!!!:D :D

Upon closer inspection, this may be my favorite of the kid's "planet designs"!!! One little girl's OWN addition to their rocket.... a DEUCES WILD!!!!!:eek: :D :D

that's awesome! those smiliing faces tell the whole story!

you are VERY welcome! :) and thank *you* for bringing a smile to my face :)

If you have higher resolution versions of those pix, could you email them to me? they would be a great addition ot the CRLIP web pages!

jim

Latest posts

Back