Rocket Fuel Prices

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by arthur dent
i dont think its very funny when people are dyeing:(

Ahh, that's because you're misinterpreting.

the humor isn't about death, it's a joke about people refueling their rockets, and complaining about $600 per gallon prices.

the situation in the middle east admittedly sucks, but making a little lighthearted satire about it just makes the grave situation a little more bearable.

Originally posted by arthur dent
i dont think its very funny when people are dyeing:(

That's pretty much the whole point to The Onion. It's designed to offend as many people as possible and still be funny. It's just like all the 'sick' jokes that pop up after any major disaster. Humor has always been one way that humans deal with stress. If that article offended you, don't ever go back to The Onion's site again. It's full of that kind of humor.

Here's a link to The Onion that was posted on the TRA list a while back:

https://www.theonion.com/content/node/50901

It's about a sparrow that crashes into a window. Pretty funny, but 'sick' because it is essentially a spoof on small plane crashes.

tms

YEAH ROFL loads of people are dead HA HA HA i might have found it funny when i was 13.I only followed the link because i thought it was a rocketry related story and perhaps if those unfueled rockets were being pointed at the U.S. it wouldnt be so lighthearted.

Back