Rocket For Motorcycle Trip/Painting Eliminator XL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captainfur

Reaction score
Hi all,

A friend (who I used to make and fly rockets with back in the 70s), and I are going on a motorcycle trip soon that includes an old Government Rocket research site. So we thought it would be fun to launch a model rocket there. I have very limited time so am looking at minimal construction. Being on motorcycles I need to limit the packed length to say under 24". But would like something as big and impressive as possible.

The best option that is available locally seems to be the Estes Eliminator XL - over 44" long, but dismantled into 3 pieces with screw connections and is RTF.

So any other suggestions?

The only thing I don't like is the colours - the purple/yellow looks a bit toyish. So will paint take at least to the sticked tubes? What about the plastic parts?

Cheers.

Glenn from Australia.

Any of the Estes PS II RTF kits would work. But if you want something more durable (i.e., fiberglass), you might go with a Wildman Demon 54. Nice little kit with a 29mm MMT.

Back